This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good would X and Y still be to you without the 3D graphics?

#21TropiOUsPosted 7/29/2014 3:02:35 PM
still the same f***ing game
---
I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png
#22MellowLyricist(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:06:14 PM(edited)
Gen V had fully animated sprites in battle, which I think look better than Gen IV's. Some people didn't like that the back and front sprites were made at the same dimensions, which resulted in zoomed in back sprites to make them look closer at the expense of pixelation.

The overworld graphics are pretty much the same, though, except for a few dynamic cameras like the one on Skyarrow Bridge.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#23Natwaf_akidnaPosted 7/29/2014 3:04:50 PM
Indifferent
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#24ShippFFXIPosted 7/29/2014 3:06:41 PM
Lexifox posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
The thread is not about actual 3D, guys. It's talking about the move from sprites to 3D models. This was obvious from the very first post.

Who reads the first post?

Not many people, apparently.
#25LexifoxPosted 7/29/2014 3:08:16 PM
ShippFFXI posted...
Lexifox posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
The thread is not about actual 3D, guys. It's talking about the move from sprites to 3D models. This was obvious from the very first post.

Not many people, apparently.

Exactly.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#26GhetsisPosted 7/29/2014 3:08:54 PM
MellowLyricist posted...
Ghetsis posted...
Do you mean stereoscopic 3D, or polygonal 3D?

Polygonal.

It'd be better. I prefer sprites over 3D models. Though the Gen V models aren't bad or anything. I'd also appreciate the framerate not being terrible.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene? TSV: 1885
#27CptFluttershyPosted 7/29/2014 3:25:47 PM
Lexifox posted...
ShippFFXI posted...

Nobody ever reads OP on GameFAQs. It's why you never make a misleading title for the thread else people post the wrong thing. And it doesn't really matter because even without the 3D the game would be...

TropiOUs posted...
still the same f***ing game

---
The ecstasy of agony~
#28MellowLyricist(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:38:00 PM
I should have just said graphics.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#29WetstewPosted 7/31/2014 10:20:19 AM
I hated the blown up ugly sprites in Gen V.

If they had well animated and drawn sprites I would have not minded them sticking to 2D.

The models near universally look good.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master