This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you consider this being scammed?

#11Jayroach2Posted 7/29/2014 9:14:27 PM
Not only did he scam you, he also stole your girlfriend cuz!
---
Official May of the ORAS Board FC: 3909-8065-9532 IGN: Jarod
ElderOmnivore: "Jayroach, I feel your sarcasm. I got it and like it."
#12FalchionnePosted 7/29/2014 9:14:48 PM
Inferno05 posted...
Falchionne posted...
Xavuu posted...
It's only a scam if he refuses to take it back.

This used to be true but now they can clone your Pokemon then give it back and fein innocence.

Meh, if he clones and trades back, he hasn't swindled you out of anything but time. It wouldn't be entirely scam by definition. Dishonest, yes. But ultimately unharmful.

If he got one of my mon and I got none from him, it's very unfair. I'd still call it a scam because he has cloned my Pokemon without my permission. I would believe you didn't try to scam me only if you can prove you actually had the correct Pokemon to begin with.
---
www.club1kjho.com http://tinyurl.com/ms5u832
MH4, Pokemon Y FC: 4441-9436-0978 IGN: Falchion TSV:1351
#13Inferno05Posted 7/29/2014 9:18:45 PM
Falchionne posted...
Inferno05 posted...
Falchionne posted...
Xavuu posted...
It's only a scam if he refuses to take it back.

This used to be true but now they can clone your Pokemon then give it back and fein innocence.

Meh, if he clones and trades back, he hasn't swindled you out of anything but time. It wouldn't be entirely scam by definition. Dishonest, yes. But ultimately unharmful.

If he got one of my mon and I got none from him, it's very unfair. I'd still call it a scam because he has cloned my Pokemon without my permission. I would believe you didn't try to scam me only if you can prove you actually had the correct Pokemon to begin with.

I never said fair, only unharmful. Note I did mention that it was dishonest as well. But no more dishonest and unharmful as a little white lie. You don't have to like what he did, but it doesn't make it a scam if you lost nothing.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#14rojsePosted 7/29/2014 9:21:08 PM
Inferno05 posted...
I never said fair, only unharmful. Note I did mention that it was dishonest as well. But no more dishonest and unharmful as a little white lie. You don't have to like what he did, but it doesn't make it a scam if you lost nothing.

I'd disagree - if this was the case the person deliberately lied and wasted TC's time to gain advantage out of the other person. When people clone something for someone, generally, both the cloner and the person getting their pokemon cloned get something out of the arrangement.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more on GameFAQs? Send me a PM.
#15Inferno05Posted 7/29/2014 9:25:17 PM
rojse posted...
Inferno05 posted...

I'd disagree - if this was the case the person deliberately lied and wasted TC's time to gain advantage out of the other person. When people clone something for someone, generally, both the cloner and the person getting their pokemon cloned get something out of the arrangement.

Again, dishonest, but he lost nothing. A scam involves an agreement where one party gives something and the other fails to deliver. If he keeps TC's Pokemon after TC tells him the deal's off, TC has been scammed. If not, then TC has not really given his Pokemon as TC will still have his own.

But I suppose we can just agree to interpret this differently.
---
#16FalchionnePosted 7/29/2014 9:31:07 PM
You're saying I can go on trade board and offer things I don't have, clone what I got and return it and pretend its a mistake. And I'll get off scot free without getting tagged or losing trade opportunities? I didn't know that.
---
www.club1kjho.com http://tinyurl.com/ms5u832
MH4, Pokemon Y FC: 4441-9436-0978 IGN: Falchion TSV:1351
#17Lucario39Posted 7/29/2014 9:34:08 PM
Inferno05 posted...
rojse posted...
Inferno05 posted...

Again, dishonest, but he lost nothing. A scam involves an agreement where one party gives something and the other fails to deliver. If he keeps TC's Pokemon after TC tells him the deal's off, TC has been scammed. If not, then TC has not really given his Pokemon as TC will still have his own.

But I suppose we can just agree to interpret this differently.

Oh, it'd still be a scam. The definition of a scam is to gain something from someone by dishonest means. Even if TC got their Pokémon back, the other person would have a copy of it. So, TC wouldn't lose anything, but it'd still be a scam.
---
Official Fighting-Type Gym Leader of MGM GFAQS Pokeleague
Come visit us on the Battle Boards! FC:0774-4449-5042 FS: Fairy (Spritzee, Snubbull, Floette)
#18Inferno05Posted 7/29/2014 9:34:23 PM
Falchionne posted...
You're saying I can go on trade board and offer things I don't have, clone what I got and return it and pretend its a mistake. And I'll get off scot free without getting tagged or losing trade opportunities? I didn't know that.

Don't do it ridiculously often and yeah, you could. Make it an isolated incident instead of a trend and people will believe you just messed up that one time, and few will remember that you did it last month as well (unless it was the same victim)
---
#19rojsePosted 7/29/2014 10:29:08 PM
Inferno05 posted...
Again, dishonest, but he lost nothing

Time.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more on GameFAQs? Send me a PM.
#20Sandor_ClausePosted 7/30/2014 2:59:14 AM
Inferno05 posted...
Again, dishonest, but he lost nothing.

The other person wanted his monster and got it, but gave nothing in return since they traded them back. That means OP's lost both a trade opportunity and the monster got less valuable since there are now more of it. So yes, the OP is in a worse position than before, even ignoring the loss of time.
---
3DS: 5300 8777 2568 TSV: 0296