This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ash vs. Smogon: Ep. 2 - The Pass of the Baton.

#1Muffinz0rzPosted 7/30/2014 1:48:16 AM(edited)
Link to topic 1: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69745699

Note: "Male/Female friend" may refer to Misty/Dawn/May/Iris/whoever the current supporting female is, while male is the same for Brock/Tracy/whoever else. I just picture Misty and Brock as the female and male friends, but use whoever floats your boar.

Narrator: Ash and friends continue on their journey after the devastating death of Ash's Pikachu to the mysterious Trainer X. What will come next for our heroes?

Ash and co. walk down a deserted path, where they see a figure in the distance. Upon approaching, it looks like a male person. Large, stocky build, although the fat seems to be winning the battle against the muscle. Wears glasses, has acne, has a certain amount of swagger in his walk despite the 1990s clip on his belt to hold his PokÚdex.

Upon seeing this stocky fella, Ash unintentionally makes eye contact with the stranger. A pixelated "!" sign appears above the stranger's head, and he immediately stops the group from proceeding. The trainer proceeds to talk before anyone in the group says anything.

Trainer Y: I'll show you my true power!
Ash: I'm sorry, I just lost my best friend of over ten years, is it okay if we skip the battle?
Trainer Y: Too late! Eye contact has been established and the battle will begin!
*Trainer Y presses a button on his belt, causing loud music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-_MU2hKLE to blare from the speakers on his PokÚdex and sprints a few meters away. Brock stands between Ash and Trainer Y to act as the referee*

Trainer Y: Go, Scolipede! *Scolipede bursts out and releases a deafening screech*
Ash: Alright, I guess I have no choice. *Holds up PokÚdex*
PokÚdex: Scolipede, the Megapede PokÚmon and the evolved form of Whirlipede. Scolipede moves quickly, chasing down its opponents while aggressively using its horns to attack them.

Ash: A fast bug-type, eh? Well we've got speed too, and I know just the PokÚmon! Go, Fletchinder!
*Fletchinder bursts forward and screeches*
Ash: Start things off with Flame Charge!
Trainer Y: Scolipede, Protect!
*A purple barrier surrounds Scolipede*

Misty: What? But the battle just started, why is he being so defensive?
Brock: Ash, Scolipede's speed increases the longer it's on the field. You've gotta take it out before it gets too fast!
*Fletchinder's Flame Charge brushes off the barrier, inflicting no damage*
Ash: No problem then, protect doesn't work if used again, so he's defenseless! Fletchinder, Flame Charge one more time!
*Fletchinder engulfs itself in fire and rushes back towards Scolipede, crashing into it*

252+ Atk Fletchinder Flame Charge vs. 240 HP / 92 Def Scolipede: 122-146 (38 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Misty: That looks like it did some damage!
Ash: Great job Fletchinder!
Trainer Y: Scolipede, Swords Dance!
*Scolipede dances in a circle and seems to be gaining confidence*

Brock: Ash, look out! It's increasing its power AND speed! Hurry and finish it off or you won't be able to stop it!
Ash: We can do that! Fletchinder, Flame Charge!
Trainer Y: Protect!
*Ash has a shocked look on his face as Fletchinder's Flame Charge proves futile against the barrier*

Ash: Shoot, the longer I wait to take him out, the faster he gets! I've gotta keep trying now that its defenses are down! Fletchinder, give it another Flame Charge!
*Trainer Y smirks as Fletchinder charges at Scolipede*

Misty: Why isn't he doing anything? That Flame Charge is going to hurt!
*Ash looks confident*

Trainer Y: Scolipede....

BATON PASS!

(To be continued - I'm out of character space)
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#2Muffinz0rz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 1:46:16 AM
AFAIK Baton Pass hasn't been in the anime, so bear with me on the logistics

*Scolipede creates a red piece of paper out of nowhere and gently sets it on the ground. Trainer Y returns Scolipede to its PokÚ ball*

Ash: Baton Pass? What the heck is that?
Misty: What is this guy up to? He must be plotting something.
Brock: Ash, he wasn't even planning on using Scolipede to fight at all! Baton Pass will transmit the attack and speed increases to his next PokÚmon! Scolipede was just a decoy all along!
Ash: What? Using a PokÚmon just for bait? *Ash faces Trainer Y* That's just wrong! You're completely mistreating that Scolipede! It takes damage all the time, but never gets to fight back itself!
Trainer Y: That's none of your concern. Go, Boldore!
*Boldore emerges from the PokÚball and lands right on the red piece of paper. The paper is absorbed into Boldore and it glows a fierce color*

Brock: Ash, that Boldore is really strong now! You've gotta be careful!
Ash: Oh man, a defensive PokÚmon like Boldore with increases in attack and speed is going to be tough!
Misty: What's that purple orb attached to its head? That's not normal for a Boldore!
Brock: Oh no, this is worse than I thought. Ash, that's an eviolite! Since Boldore isn't fully evolved, that eviolite will boost its defenses to incredible levels!
*Meanwhile, Fletchinder's Flame Charge finally reaches Boldore and makes contact*

252+ Atk Fletchinder Flame Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Boldore: 15-18 (4.3 - 5.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever (LOL THAT'S WHAT THE CALCULATOR SAID HAHAHA)

Ash: Oh man, that Boldore didn't even flinch!
Misty: And Boldore is a rock type, which means its attacks will be devastating against Fletchinder! Ash, you need to think of something, quickly!
Ash: Alright then, I've got an idea! Fletchinder, Double Team!
*Fletchinder creates numerous holographic copies of itself, raising its evasion*

Trainer Y: Hey, what the f***?? Evasion moves are f***ing banned you stupid insolent f***!
*Ash and co. are awestruck at the rage of this mysterious trainer*
Ash: Banned? What do you mean, banned?
Brock: There is nothing banned from PokÚmon, what are you talking about?
Trainer Y: Evasion makes the game into a f***ing coin flip! You cheating f***!
*Suddenly, Trainer Y and his Boldore disappear into thin air without a trace.*

Everyone: What? Where did he go?
*Ash's PokÚdex vibrates and begins to play a voice*
PokÚdex: Trainer Y left. Trainer Y disconnected and has 60 seconds left!

Ash: Disconnected? 60 seconds until what? What's going on?
Brock: I think you'll be the victor of this match after 60 seconds, unless he reappears! Let's wait a minute...
*60 seconds pass*
PokÚdex: Trainer Y forfeited. Ash won the battle!
Ash's rating: 1000 --> 1044
(+44 for winning)
Trainer Y's rating: 1105 --> 1061
(-44 for losing)

Ash: Hmm, alright then. I don't quite understand what just happened, I guess we can chalk that one up to a win! Great job, Fletchinder!

Narrator: After a bizarre encounter with a mysterious trainer, Ash and friends continue towards the next city, proving that this episode was nothing more than filler. What will come next for our heroes? Find out in several episodes from now because the next three will also be filler before they actually reach the next city and challenge an actual gym.
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#3legendxofxskyPosted 7/30/2014 1:53:47 AM
I laughed so hard at this, quite possibly too hard.

You definitely understand the meta.

(BTW, it'd be nice if you could somehow record you and friends narrating this and putting it on youtube, as it would be hilarious to hear.)
---
3DS FC: 3110 5108 4293, Official Verlisify Supporter.
You shouldn't comment on a meta you don't understand. -Verlisify.
#4MillionGunmannnPosted 7/30/2014 2:01:28 AM
Next episode should be a gym battle against a competitive team.
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.2.1
#5DankaDummkopfPosted 7/30/2014 2:02:48 AM
lol
---
swords dance aegislash is the only thing that by definition makes it an uber. you shouldn't comment on a meta you don't understand
http://puu.sh/agqMY.png ok
#6legendxofxskyPosted 7/30/2014 2:04:57 AM(edited)
MillionGunmannn posted...
Next episode should be a gym battle against a competitive team.

it should be brock's gym, cause it would end up hilariously funny knowing brock was the better trainer and he didn't battle for s*** in the time he traveled.

That'd be hilarious.
---
3DS FC: 3110 5108 4293, Official Verlisify Supporter.
You shouldn't comment on a meta you don't understand. -Verlisify.
#7J_AppleiPosted 7/30/2014 2:22:14 AM
One of the few posts that I've actually ever laugh at for good reason on this site... Now I wish the anime was actually like this.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
3DS FC: 3737-9612-2086
#8rojsePosted 7/30/2014 2:37:06 AM
That was beautiful, TC. 10/10.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more on GameFAQs? Send me a PM.
#9wolf riderPosted 7/30/2014 2:44:25 AM
TC ... you wouldn't happen to be a certain Thundermuffin that did Gundam parodies ?
---
Pkmn Y IGN: Yagi
FC: 0447 6935 5049 TSV: 2357
#10NanakoKyokoPosted 7/30/2014 2:46:01 AM
10/10 would read again, keep them coming.
---
IGN: Nanako(X) 4227-2096-0383 Pokemon XY Scientist (Cloner) References: http://tinyurl.com/l58akgq
"Red is the color of heroes!"