This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never got the you can't balance by unbanning thing.

#11SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 7/31/2014 8:30:53 PM
BabySh0es posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
BabySh0es posted...
To an extent, yeah. I do think that there should be allowed some shifting.

I don't know if Blaziken should have been banned as readily with the introduction of Talonflame and MegaPinsir.

Granted, only one is a counter, but both will guarantee OHKO with priority. Not to mentions that we now have Fairy types and other megas to play with.

Gamefaqs logic at its finest.

>_>

I see nothing wrong with wanting to see something tested before it is banned, regardless of power.

Its because you thought talonflame was a reliable counter to blaziken.

Fair.

I did forget about thunderpunch/stone edge.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
3DS FC: 3093-7125-1394
#12TropiOUsPosted 7/31/2014 8:31:13 PM
because broken things countering broken things is "bad" even if the result is balanced
---
I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png
#13BabySh0esPosted 7/31/2014 8:33:16 PM
BabySh0es posted...
BabySh0es posted...
To an extent, yeah. I do think that there should be allowed some shifting.

I don't know if Blaziken should have been banned as readily with the introduction of Talonflame and MegaPinsir.

Granted, only one is a counter, but both will guarantee OHKO with priority. Not to mentions that we now have Fairy types and other megas to play with.

Gamefaqs logic at its finest.

>_>

I see nothing wrong with wanting to see something tested before it is banned, regardless of power.

Its because you thought talonflame was a reliable counter to blaziken.

Fair.

I did forget about thunderpunch/stone edge.

High Jump Kick is an OHKO with rocks up and a 2HKO without. Specifically, with a life orb it does around 70-90% to talonflame if talonflame doesn't have HP investment. Always a 2HKO even with HP investment
#14gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 8:34:49 PM
put it like this blaziken has no counters and beats half his checks with his fourth move ( either knock off stone edge or baton pass)
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#15BabySh0esPosted 7/31/2014 8:36:02 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
put it like this blaziken has no counters and beats half his checks with his fourth move ( either knock off stone edge or baton pass)

I just had to emphasize how bad of a switch in talonflame is lol
#16SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 7/31/2014 8:36:46 PM
BabySh0es posted...
High Jump Kick is an OHKO with rocks up and a 2HKO without. Specifically, with a life orb it does around 70-90% to talonflame if talonflame doesn't have HP investment. Always a 2HKO even with HP investment

We're taking Stealth Rocks into account?
I'd assume you would remove rocks before sending in Talonflame.

In any case, my thought was that BB is a OKHO, with guaranteed priority.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
3DS FC: 3093-7125-1394
#17BabySh0esPosted 7/31/2014 8:39:57 PM
BabySh0es posted...

We're taking Stealth Rocks into account?
I'd assume you would remove rocks before sending in Talonflame.

In any case, my thought was that BB is a OKHO, with guaranteed priority.

Yeah but regardless of rocks you can only switch in the bird once. And if it has any recoil damage it might not even survive one high jump kick.
#18BabySh0esPosted 7/31/2014 8:41:31 PM
A counter has to be able to comfortably switch in, almost with impunity. Talonflame is a shaky check at best where its really only safe to bring in after blaziken KOs something else on your team. Most people seem to have trouble differentiating counters from checks. In OU blaziken really only had checks.
#19gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 8:44:23 PM
BabySh0es posted...
A counter has to be able to comfortably switch in, almost with impunity. Talonflame is a shaky check at best where its really only safe to bring in after blaziken KOs something else on your team. Most people seem to have trouble differentiating counters from checks. In OU blaziken really only had checks.

hell blaziken has no counters even in ubers
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#20BabySh0esPosted 7/31/2014 8:59:18 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
BabySh0es posted...

hell blaziken has no counters even in ubers

I wouldn't know since I never play ubers haha. But id assume he would do pretty well in that environment. I guess something like a defensive giratina could have worked if knock off wasn't so amazing now lol.