This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Pokemon OR/AS make sense while we already have X/Y and PokeBank?

#1KillZoneAIPosted 8/1/2014 10:59:15 PM
I already have Pokemon X, offline the game is less than medicore but its online options that makes it a great game with online battling and trading. So i was wondering whether or not OR/AS will be anything special, they seem to be using the same 3D modeling like in X/Y and I'm sure after the first week of launch some ppl will be trading their OR/AS legendarys over X/Y.. So basically if we have all legendary pokemon and all mega stone in X/Y there would be no reason to play OR/AS unless it has a superior offline mode (Great story, interesting characters, challenging difficulty,..etc).
Also if I need a PokeBank account to transfer my Pokemon from X/Y to OR/AS then it would even make no sense to get the new game since I'll also need to pay a subscription fee for the PokeBank while I can simply keep all my pokemon in X/Y and enjoy all online options.
I'd like to hear some thoughts about this.
---
PSN id: KillZoneAI
3DS FC: 4957-4496-9365 I Pokemon X IGN: Dina
#2TropiOUsPosted 8/1/2014 11:00:32 PM
js HGSS made no sense when it happened
if the reason is not maximum profit that is
---
Pokemon X board overlord. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png
#3DeadGhostFirePosted 8/1/2014 11:02:59 PM
And if you can't trade stuff from OR/AS to X/Y?
---
X | Ghost | 5386-8473-2322 | Machoke, Breloom, & Throh | Event/Shiny Collector | Currently Making A Living Dex To Help Out Peeps. Also, Ghosts are awesome.
#4KillZoneAI(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 11:06:00 PM
DeadGhostFire posted...

that's why I said PokeBank...With PokeBank you can transfer anything, also Nintendo already confirmed that Pokemons that don't have megastones in X/Y can mega evolve if you get their stones from OR/AS
---
#5Hikari5xPosted 8/1/2014 11:07:46 PM
DeadGhostFire posted...

i doubt that, but i won't deny you probably cant access pokebank until you finish the main story, cause if you could it would be ehh...

Besides that in Gen 3 we could look forward to the battle frontier and stuff like the contests, and maybe even more content, cause gen 6's post game was meh
---
FC : 4012-3749-9731
IGN : Cecil TSV-3837, SID-14132
#6DeadGhostFirePosted 8/1/2014 11:11:14 PM
Hikari5x posted...
DeadGhostFire posted...

i doubt that, but i won't deny you probably cant access pokebank until you finish the main story, cause if you could it would be ehh...

Besides that in Gen 3 we could look forward to the battle frontier and stuff like the contests, and maybe even more content, cause gen 6's post game was meh

Man, I hope there's better Post Game stuff. I've been wanting another Battle Frontier for a while: I'm just saying, you can't transfer Items [MegaStones] over Bank. And X/Y didn't let you transfer from B/W/2. Also, contests. Those aren't in X/Y. And I'm looking forward to them in OR/AS
---
X | Ghost | 5386-8473-2322 | Machoke, Breloom, & Throh | Event/Shiny Collector | Currently Making A Living Dex To Help Out Peeps. Also, Ghosts are awesome.
#7KillZoneAI(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 11:17:42 PM
DeadGhostFire posted...
Hikari5x posted...
DeadGhostFire posted...

Man, I hope there's better Post Game stuff. I've been wanting another Battle Frontier for a while: I'm just saying, you can't transfer Items [MegaStones] over Bank. And X/Y didn't let you transfer from B/W/2. Also, contests. Those aren't in X/Y. And I'm looking forward to them in OR/AS

Mega evolution wasn't in previous gens but in X/Y you can trade items while being held by Pokemon so I'm sure you can do the same with PokeBank by letting Pokemon hold mega stones or other items then transfer them back in forth between the two games (X/Y and OR/AS)
---
#8Hikari5xPosted 8/1/2014 11:19:18 PM
KillZoneAI posted...
DeadGhostFire posted...
Hikari5x posted...
DeadGhostFire posted...

Mega evolution wasn't in previous gens but in X/Y you can trade items while being held by Pokemon so I'm sure you can do the same with PokeBank by letting Pokemon hold mega stones or other items then transfer them back in forth between the two games (X/Y and OR/AS)

items cant be transferred over bank. they get sent back into your bag
---
#9Hikari5xPosted 8/1/2014 11:20:17 PM
wish it did, i have hundreds of balm mushrooms just collecting in my bag lol
---
#10FalchionnePosted 8/1/2014 11:20:25 PM
KillZoneAI posted...
DeadGhostFire posted...
Hikari5x posted...
DeadGhostFire posted...

Pokebank does not allow items in.
---
www.club1kjho.com http://tinyurl.com/ms5u832
MH4, Pokemon Y FC: 4441-9436-0978 IGN: Falchion TSV:1351