This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When did you realize X and Y weren't the 10/10 pokemon games you were hoping for

#21Tytanium18Posted 8/2/2014 3:37:55 PM
Upon realizing that...

-It just feels like they used pretty graphics to cover up for the fact that it's kind of a half-arsed game.
-This game is pathetically easy compared to past installments, especially anything pre-BW.
-Shoves easymode in your face with the xp share after the first gym. Granted you can just turn it off, but that thing really doesn't need to exist until post-game. Don't tempt new people into becoming dependent on the xp share.
-There's hardly anything to do post-game compared to previous gens, (BW1 had this problem too)
-There's some lazy recycled locations (one-room caves),
-Unable to explore any of the other power plant facilities on route 13, even though they tease you with doors leading to them.
-Too many bland linear maps, (Route 1 is pretty and all, but I like to wander off the beaten path)
-90% of locations have no reason to be visited again after your first time there.
-I realized this while doing a speedrun in 5:43- You get stopped A LOT by npc's/events to tell you things you already know.
-Gamefreak still pretends IV's are some kind of secret/mystery.
-Route music is bland, except for route 15 and co., which is simply too short/ needs another phrase
-There's a lack of balance with who gets mega forms.
-Absol's mega form should have just been a standard evolution. Seriously. It's just way too awesome to be unable to hold an item, and utilize it's 115 base speed on the first turn.
#22rojsePosted 8/2/2014 3:40:25 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
9 when there were only 70 pokemon

I count 95. You've missed a few.
---
MissJocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
R-A-V: there is something wrong with a guy writing fiction about a girl
#23ElCruzXDPosted 8/2/2014 3:41:27 PM
Tytanium18 posted...
It just feels like they used pretty graphics to cover up for the fact that it's kind of a half-arsed game.

And the graphics weren't even that great (except the battles).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NcDZmmu9FM
#24Ansem_the_evilPosted 8/2/2014 3:45:08 PM
Never its stil 10 for me
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939
#25LexifoxPosted 8/2/2014 3:49:13 PM
Oh, and when I found out Mega Kangaskhan and Gengar exist.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#26LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 4:12:32 PM
rojse posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
9 when there were only 70 pokemon

I count 95. You've missed a few.

Mega Pokemon don't count. They're temporary and just power boosts.
---
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189