This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people immediately forfeit when something goes wrong?

#1117MasterPosted 8/3/2014 8:59:57 AM
What gets me is players forfeiting when they still have the advantage. I suppose occasionally something happens in real life and they have to go, which coincidentally happened around the same time Stone Edge missed and I got to KO their Pokemon, but it happens a little too frequently to accept that as always being the case.
---
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-143136832
#12legendriderPosted 8/3/2014 9:17:14 AM
Forfeiting after 1 turn...
If your whole strategy got ruined in just 1 turn, you need to fix that.

Even if it did, you still try.

But if they want to forfeit, why complain? You messed up there strategy that relied on that Pokemon and it's gone, if they think they've lost, well, take that victory.

I mean, its not like they can DC on showdown right?
So forfeiting is the next best thing to 'rage quitting'.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy. Kyogre Cascade
#13ScarlettailPosted 8/3/2014 9:30:06 AM
Depends what it is. I often will forfeit before it's obvious that a boosted Pokemon is going to sweep me. Not after just 1 turn, though.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
Days until Smash 4 3DS NA release: 61
#14supremeblasterPosted 8/3/2014 9:53:37 AM
In lower levels of play, it can just be because they were already in a bad mood and that just ruined them completely.

In higher, it can be because the person realized how the rest of the battle was going to go down because of this, foreseeing their inevitable loss, they forfeit to save time.
i.e Denis vs some guy from here. Denis knew he lost after his screen setter was dead, and he did indeed lose.
---
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero