This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

These fish really hate me (come share shiny fish chain stories)

#31DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 8:26:48 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Alpha218 posted...
DementedW4rrior posted...
WaffleSenpai posted...
You might wanna try using a fishing rod instead of a chain ;)

Everyone is gillty of bad jokes and puns

get out

idc if it's your topic

still get out

Now, now, this is nothing to make a whale lot of noise about.

TC is only squidding.

It wouldn't kryll you to show a bit of patience.

You sir deserve an award
#32Alpha218Posted 8/3/2014 8:30:19 PM
also i tried chaining after i beat the elite 4 only to realize that masuda methoding with the shiny charm is much more worth it because you get stuff you can actually use against other people who take the game seriously that way
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#33DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 8:44:58 PM
Alpha218 posted...
also i tried chaining after i beat the elite 4 only to realize that masuda methoding with the shiny charm is much more worth it because you get stuff you can actually use against other people who take the game seriously that way

Oh yeah MM is definitely viable but then you look at the massive task at completing the natty dex and you're just kinda like..ehh I'll experiment a little. I'd need someone's big time help and tips for filling dex. Only have like 410 xD that's what it says at start screen
#34b619pokePosted 8/3/2014 8:50:47 PM
This topic is making me want to chain fish..... ill be back
#35Alpha218Posted 8/3/2014 9:04:22 PM
Alpha218 posted...

Oh yeah MM is definitely viable but then you look at the massive task at completing the natty dex and you're just kinda like..ehh I'll experiment a little. I'd need someone's big time help and tips for filling dex. Only have like 410 xD that's what it says at start screen

I filled national dex easily by trading something you can't get in Kalos AT ALL (in my case Misdreavus) for everything I wanted over GTS.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#36DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:06:08 PM(edited)
Alpha218 posted...
Alpha218 posted...

I filled national dex easily by trading something you can't get in Kalos AT ALL (in my case Misdreavus) for everything I wanted over GTS.

So you just breeded like a ton of misdreavus and traded? How long did it take?
#37Missingno_MastrPosted 8/4/2014 5:38:00 PM

Completing the PokÚdex is a harder task than it's ever been, true enough, but how long have the fans been clamoring for a real reward for doing so, and not just that same useless diploma, hmm? I consider the Shiny Charm a real incentive to complete the PokÚdex. In fact, I completed the PokÚdex in Y before PokÚbank even came out in the US (needed a LOT of GTS trades for the legendaries).
---
My fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
My Shiny Pokemon (not for trade): http://i.imgur.com/1utdapU.png
#38DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 7:25:49 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...

Completing the PokÚdex is a harder task than it's ever been, true enough, but how long have the fans been clamoring for a real reward for doing so, and not just that same useless diploma, hmm? I consider the Shiny Charm a real incentive to complete the PokÚdex. In fact, I completed the PokÚdex in Y before PokÚbank even came out in the US (needed a LOT of GTS trades for the legendaries).

Very true. Aren't there some leggys that don't apply though? How long did it take you? Now that I think about 300 pokes really isn't too too much. I have been playing a lot so I could probably get there decently soon but it's still a big task. The charm is worth it.
#39PSCHARFF98Posted 8/8/2014 6:31:23 PM
As of now I've found 6 or 7 shinies while chain fishing. Most of them were 40 or below but it's pretty common to get a chain of over 70. My above is you can call chain fishing stupid all you want and complain about how it doesn't work, but when you finally do chain fish a shiny the only thing stupid about it will be the look of amazement on your face.
---
Not changing this until I find out who took the username PSCHARFF.
#40Missingno_MastrPosted 8/8/2014 6:37:52 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...

Very true. Aren't there some leggys that don't apply though? How long did it take you? Now that I think about 300 pokes really isn't too too much. I have been playing a lot so I could probably get there decently soon but it's still a big task. The charm is worth it.

Yeah, pretty much- event legendaries and Phione don't count towards the Shiny Charm.

Completing the PokÚdex, that didn't take me too long, though I had been catching as many different Kalos PokÚmon as I could throughout the main storyline. The worst of it was trading for legendaries on the GTS, and even then, that could've gone much worse.
---
My fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
My Shiny Pokemon (not for trade): http://i.imgur.com/1utdapU.png