This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Aegislash really banned?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is Aegislash really banned?
11 months ago#1
I've been playing doubles instead of singles and haven't been keeping up with the singles metagame.

I normally support smogon a bans and think they generally create a more healthy environment. Usually, the goons on these boards who cry "lol they ban whut they caint keel" are just that - goons who want to complain without actually voicing their reasons.

I say the bans on Kang-M, Luke-M, Gen-M, etc were well justified because they were such polarizing mons. Your team needed to either include one of these, or carry something specifically to defeat them. Not packing a counter to these mons meant a guaranteed loss of 2-3 pokes to them, or in the case of gengar to the pokes he sets up for.

Aegislash, however, was a weak ban choice. He has numerous checks (though only a few counters, such as Mandibuzz). Anything remotely quick carrying Earthquake (the move with STILL the highest usage rate) or a fire attack (quickly become one of the most used attacking types) can easily check and 2HKO aegi, often threatening an OHKO.

Not particularly a ban worthy pokemon, and honestly one that I feel promoted healthy variety and usage by being, alone, such a Great Wall breaker to keep stall in check and an excellent wall himself, serving to keep hyper offense in check.

Rip, coolest mon in 3 gens.
---
I'm pro choice, not pro abortion. I support a woman's right to choose.
No one is pro abortion. It is always a serious and solemn thing - and always her choice.
11 months ago#2
Yeah it's banned. Smogon couldn't beat it.
11 months ago#3
ive been wanting it banned for a loooong time. glad smogon finally did it :D
---
I love 5iv ghost shinies
3754-8000-1945 IGN JEFFAFA
11 months ago#4
BestInTheWorId posted...
Yeah it's banned. Smogon couldn't beat it.

Great post (not).

mariopokefan17 posted...
ive been wanting it banned for a loooong time. glad smogon finally did it :D

Care to explain why?
---
No one is pro abortion. It is always a serious and solemn thing - and always her choice.
11 months ago#5
Imo smogon's getting too ban happy. Aegislash was a ***** but he was far from unbeatable. In all honesty I've never had too much trouble with him at all, or at least not the way I'd have trouble with pokes like Skarmony or Gliscor. If you have a good wall with eq or a fire type he's done.
---
Friend Code: 0447-7018-5012 Pokemon IGN: ben Pokemon Showdown IGN: Bronze09
PM me for cloning or shinifying
11 months ago#6
It was instant offense/defense (shadow sneak and king's shield combination) that turned the metagame into an unskilled guessing game. Though I still don't think it was completely deserving of a ban, the game is definitely more fun without it.
---
GET a load of THIS!!!!!
11 months ago#7
SOAD5657 posted...
It was instant offense/defense (shadow sneak and king's shield combination) that turned the metagame into an unskilled guessing game. Though I still don't think it was completely deserving of a ban, the game is definitely more fun without it.

that is what smogon wants you to believe
real reason is they don't like aegislash and wanted more bans
---
Pokemon X board overlord. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png
11 months ago#8
SOAD5657 posted...

Guessing game? Tank the weak ass shadow sneak and kill it while it's in offense form, how's that a guessing game lmao
---
11 months ago#9
AeternaNocturne posted...
SOAD5657 posted...

Guessing game? Tank the weak ass shadow sneak and kill it while it's in offense form, how's that a guessing game lmao

You could always just use a non-impact super-effective move on him like eq or flamethrower. that works for me 9/10 times
---
Friend Code: 0447-7018-5012 Pokemon IGN: ben Pokemon Showdown IGN: Bronze09
PM me for cloning or shinifying
11 months ago#10
speckledpanda posted...
You could always just use a non-impact super-effective move on him like eq or flamethrower. that works for me 9/10 times

And the other time they have Weakness Policy and you haven't gotten the OHKO and they're suddenly ready to sweep with +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack and +2 Speed from Automize.
---
MissJocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69775480
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is Aegislash really banned?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived