This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or has the spirit of pokemon been ruined

#61Mikey_MinccinoPosted 8/4/2014 1:25:54 PM
TalesOfXAndY posted...
Why can't everybody accept that people play Pokemon differently?

It's a Peacemaker. Get Him!!!
---
"The Official Choice Scarf Holder"
"Cute and Competitively Viable" FC: 4184-3565-5498
#62MeLikeyPiePosted 8/4/2014 1:29:00 PM
This is such a terrible troll topic. Holy heck. =_=
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#63ashrobbPosted 8/4/2014 2:00:49 PM
Scrubs gonna scrub.
---
Home is where your chargers are~
#64RPninesixfourPosted 8/4/2014 2:03:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FZdH5LL.jpg
---
KyrieIrving's #1 fan! #HailPrincessDiancie
http://i.imgur.com/FZdH5LL.jpg
#65Inferno05Posted 8/4/2014 2:29:40 PM
SuperTails360 posted...
I agree with ya TC, people take Pokemon WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too seriously. There are people that take hours to days, to weeks of work just to get the "perfect" stats. There are those that will cheat, then they get called out for it and treat it like World War 6 or something. I get that there's a want to win, just like in any other game or even real life sport, but like people have told me in "hacker" arguments, "they're just bits and pixels," "just have fun."

"FT 5 IVS PENTAPERFECT KB SHINY VIRUS INFECTED SMOGON BANNED MAGIKARP FOR TRADE, TOTS LIGIT LF DIANCILE"

But seriously, I can't find a decent community that just likes to play for fun. Even when I think I've found something, one person mentions IVs, and then the whole forum just goes downhill.

We all still play for fun, we just like to be good at it. There's a difference between taking it too seriously and wanting to improve yourself. It's not the game we take too seriously, it's the internet we do.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#66SirkPosted 8/4/2014 2:34:57 PM
I never thought of Pokemon as a very casual game. So much of it is a timesink. The allure of it is playing competitively post-game with neverending team possibilities, not going through an easy playthrough with a bad story.
---
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
#67IyamtebistPosted 8/4/2014 2:46:19 PM
LeungChiuWai posted...
you're on gamefaqs, if you're not trolling then you do it wrong

trolling on GameFAQs is like trolling in an ocean of trolls
#68Malimario98Posted 8/4/2014 2:48:39 PM
I hope you're trolling.
---
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
The official Gothitelle of the pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire boards
#69aPimp_named_leEPosted 8/4/2014 9:11:59 PM
has anyone considered the fact that TC might be serious and is actually just a kid that doesn't care about anything beyond the basics? not only does he seem stubborn and naive, but he used the anime to justify preferring a certain ability on his pokemon (torrent over protean). idk, could be troll or just a kid that really only cares for the basic game play...

its hard to tell sometimes because i actually know some of my younger family members that think the same way (and one or two friends around my age that never really understood the mechanics or pokemon but still have played every one since red/blue).
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
3DS FCs 4742-5347-4933 (Y) 0044-3673-1990 (X)
#70LexifoxPosted 8/4/2014 9:16:42 PM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
has anyone considered the fact that TC might be serious and is actually just a kid that doesn't care about anything beyond the basics? not only does he seem stubborn and naive, but he used the anime to justify preferring a certain ability on his pokemon (torrent over protean). idk, could be troll or just a kid that really only cares for the basic game play...

its hard to tell sometimes because i actually know some of my younger family members that think the same way (and one or two friends around my age that never really understood the mechanics or pokemon but still have played every one since red/blue).

We're giving him the benefit of the doubt.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod