This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or has the spirit of pokemon been ruined?

#1Isiah ZombiePosted 8/4/2014 12:55:20 PM
Before, you had to try to catch em all. There was a sense of adventure. Sure, you could still transfer from previous gens, but you had to complete the game's story first to import. now with Pokemon Bank there's no need to catch em all since you already have em all so there's no sense of adventure anymore. Now it's just yawn let me access bank and you're done.
#2Tappor2Posted 8/4/2014 12:56:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3CaptainZangoosePosted 8/4/2014 12:57:26 PM
Do we really need to 'ave two of these?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69785215
#4Alpha218Posted 8/4/2014 1:04:53 PM
bank just made the old way of importing to finish (which you have to do anyways) a lot less time-consuming lol

also i'm making a living dex so i never have to waste time just gtsing for everything again so i can have my shiny charm
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#5TropiOUsPosted 8/4/2014 1:06:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6OfficialAce-KunPosted 8/4/2014 1:08:04 PM
I love how people thinking catching them all is the main focus of the game because of those damn commercials?

Get al 8 Badges?
Become Champion?
Raise a competitive team?

Nope. CATCH EM ALL FOLKS!!
---
OH YOU BAD WEE BASTARDS THERE YOU'VE HURT THAT POOR WOMAN!!
#7EpsteinBarrPosted 8/4/2014 1:11:47 PM
OfficialAce-Kun posted...
I love how people thinking catching them all is the main focus of the game because of those damn commercials?

Get al 8 Badges?
Become Champion?
Raise a competitive team?

Nope. CATCH EM ALL FOLKS!!

It's about getting all the badges, becoming champion, and to CATCH EM ALL. That's the hallmark of a Pokémon Master. It was a worthy endeavor back in the old days.
#8WorldTraderPosted 8/4/2014 1:22:48 PM
This is why i will not transfer any Pokemon to my Alpha Sapphire game. I like the thrill of searching and catching Pokemon. I will probably have to transfer legendaries though for the dex entries
---
Official Wall of Text climber of all boards. In case of injury from falling off a wall please rush me to the nearest Pokemon Center
#9TastyOrifielPosted 8/4/2014 2:14:50 PM
lol! You copied my title but I agree. Its missing that charm and there's no point in "catching them all" when you can just hack them all....
---
Friend Code - 4725 7993 3819
#10FinalInsanityPosted 8/4/2014 2:19:34 PM
O holy Arceus, he who resides above the dread mountain

Forgive us, for in our pride, we have committed a deadly sin.

We hath abandoned ye olde teachings of "capturing them all"

in favor of trusting ourselves to the machines the Evil Ones have brought us

Forgive us, o Lord Arceus, for losing sight of Your will, and deliver us unto salvation.