This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate those that spend their time

#1clayton1123Posted 8/4/2014 1:03:13 PM
breeding for shiny pokemon?

Im not trying to get trolled here I would just like to see peoples opinion and why it matters so much to them on how people choose to play their game.

Personally, I love shiny hunting and getting my shiny pokemon with perfect IV's and nature.
Respectively, I could care less is others like to use cheating devices to play their own way.

So...what gives?
---
friend code:2079-6814-3558 IGN: Joshua
MM Pokemon - x3 Froakie, Goomy, Honedge, Vulpix, Riolu, Eevee
#2TropiOUsPosted 8/4/2014 1:04:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Inferno05Posted 8/4/2014 1:07:14 PM
We don't care how YOU want to get it, we just don't want to be told OUR way is somehow wrong. It sometimes comes off as hatred for people who breed because we're told how lazy we are for not breeding and must respond with how we don't WANT to breed.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#4Digital_Knyte07Posted 8/4/2014 1:10:59 PM
Oh I am lazy and a cheater because I do not want to spend hours playing a video game for kids doing the same repetitive s*** over and over in lieu of using a computer program to accomplish the same thing in like 4 minutes? I'd rather be a cheater than waste my time, thanks.
---
I hate college but love all the parties
1521-2881-9789 ADD ME!
#5Knux19Posted 8/4/2014 1:11:54 PM
Inferno05 posted...
We don't care how YOU want to get it, we just don't want to be told OUR way is somehow wrong. It sometimes comes off as hatred for people who breed because we're told how lazy we are for not breeding and must respond with how we don't WANT to breed.

So you don't think it has to do with the notion that people want to compete at the highest level possible, but not put in any effort for it?
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#6Digital_Knyte07Posted 8/4/2014 1:13:48 PM
Knux19 posted...
Inferno05 posted...

So you don't think it has to do with the notion that people want to compete at the highest level possible, but not put in any effort for it?

OK I hate how people think spending hours hatching eggs is related to effort. The simple answer is that people have better things to do with their free time than hatch eggs in a Pokemon game.
---
I hate college but love all the parties
1521-2881-9789 ADD ME!
#7FinalInsanityPosted 8/4/2014 1:17:00 PM
Digital_Knyte07 posted...
Knux19 posted...
Inferno05 posted...

OK I hate how people think spending hours hatching eggs is related to effort. The simple answer is that people have better things to do with their free time than hatch eggs in a Pokemon game.

excuse you, but we're all on the internet here

of COURSE we don't have anything better to do
#8Ansem_the_evilPosted 8/4/2014 1:18:00 PM
If people dont feel like spending time breeding then maybe they should play simulators instead
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939
#9clayton1123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 1:22:24 PM
Ansem_the_evil posted...
If people dont feel like spending time breeding then maybe they should play simulators instead

Thats an unfair ultimatum. Why does it matter how someone chooses to play a game that is specifically made for our entertainment?
---
friend code:2079-6814-3558 IGN: Joshua
MM Pokemon - x3 Froakie, Goomy, Honedge, Vulpix, Riolu, Eevee
#10Inferno05Posted 8/4/2014 1:25:31 PM
Knux19 posted...
Inferno05 posted...

The effort goes into proper team building and testing, which (Ansem) can be done on the simulator. Then, we use other devices to get the final result of our effort onto the cartridge w/o playing the RNG. Hatching for Shinies/IVs is no more effort than playing the lottery, but skipping the luck of both has far differing consequences.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734