This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are cheaters still ruining pokemon?

#231FireMage7777Posted 8/5/2014 3:37:55 PM
MadameLuigi64 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
SOME aspects are objective. Get over it
Did you read my post? Let me spell it out for you.

What you just said was, "Argument ad populace is irrelevant in objective matters," which basically meant, "It doesn't matter what the people thought, that was objectively wrong".

However, since morality is decided by what the people think, the morality of the event cannot have been "objective" because without the people, there is no being left sentient enough to decide what is morally right or wrong.

Except, morality can't be entirely what people think since there are objective aspects to it. Do not reply until you grasp this fact and apologize for your ignorance. You may leave now
---
I'm so awesome Gavirulax uses alts and forged PMs to try and troll me
Licensed troll slayer
#232ShippFFXIPosted 8/5/2014 3:42:47 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
SOME aspects are objective. Get over it
Did you read my post? Let me spell it out for you.

What you just said was, "Argument ad populace is irrelevant in objective matters," which basically meant, "It doesn't matter what the people thought, that was objectively wrong".

However, since morality is decided by what the people think, the morality of the event cannot have been "objective" because without the people, there is no being left sentient enough to decide what is morally right or wrong.

Except, morality can't be entirely what people think since there are objective aspects to it. Do not reply until you grasp this fact and apologize for your ignorance. You may leave now

Hurting an animal is causing the animal to suffer.
Objective fact.

The animal's pain dictates we should not hurt animals.
Opinion.

The second is the moral of it and is not objective. You're the only one here who needs to leave, princess.
#233MadameLuigi64Posted 8/5/2014 3:43:37 PM
What "objectivity" is there in morality? It completely matters what the people think, because they're the only ones that can and do think about "morality". Morality is an opinion made on the basis of observations. Not a fact.

P.S: Calling me a "t-cup", whatever the hell that is, doesn't help your crumbling point, and I'm not going to "apologize for ignorance" because I'm not ignorant.
---
Oh, really? You were just joking? Well, where I come from, jokes are funny.
#234FireMage7777Posted 8/5/2014 3:52:31 PM
MadameLuigi64 posted...
What "objectivity" is there in morality? It completely matters what the people think, because they're the only ones that can and do think about "morality". Morality is an opinion made on the basis of observations. Not a fact.

P.S: Calling me a "t-cup", whatever the hell that is, doesn't help your crumbling point, and I'm not going to "apologize for ignorance" because I'm not ignorant.

I've explained it numerous times what objectivity there is in morality. And whether or not anything is done about it is irrelevant. The Zodiac killer was never caught, doesn't make his actions any less wrong.

P.S. Just calling you what you are, and given that ignorance is never an excuse you should as on this subject you have no f***ing clue what you're talking about
---
I'm so awesome Gavirulax uses alts and forged PMs to try and troll me
Licensed troll slayer
#235Inferno05Posted 8/5/2014 4:14:33 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...

I've explained it numerous times what objectivity there is in morality. And whether or not anything is done about it is irrelevant. The Zodiac killer was never caught, doesn't make his actions any less wrong.

P.S. Just calling you what you are, and given that ignorance is never an excuse you should as on this subject you have no f***ing clue what you're talking about

Oy, firesub, where's that proof you owe us for all your extraordinary claims? Burden of proof bro, and you never provided any proof that what you say is not merely your opinion or delusion. You've given us your word, while I gave you the word of others to support my point. Give us something substantial. It's well past your turn to do so.

Come on, we're waiting.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#236Mikey_MinccinoPosted 8/5/2014 4:30:34 PM
To 500 for a ridiculous topic.
---
"The Official Choice Scarf Holder"
"Cute and Competitively Viable" FC: 4184-3565-5498
#237MadameLuigi64Posted 8/5/2014 4:33:15 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...

No you haven't proven that there is objectivity in morality, you've just repeated that statement over and over again. It's not about whether this killer was caught that made his actions "wrong", it's what people thought of his actions that made them "wrong".

P.S: I'm not ignorant, I'm not apologizing, and it seems I have more of a clue what I'm talking about than you do because you just keep restating your claim without providing any evidence to prove it right.
---
#238rojsePosted 8/5/2014 4:33:49 PM
Cheaters have been ruining Pokemon since about the first day that Pokemon Green was released in Japan.
---
MissJocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more? Send me a PM.
#239Inferno05Posted 8/5/2014 4:36:14 PM
MadameLuigi64 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...

No you haven't proven that there is objectivity in morality, you've just repeated that statement over and over again. It's not about whether this killer was caught that made his actions "wrong", it's what people thought of his actions that made them "wrong".

P.S: I'm not ignorant, I'm not apologizing, and it seems I have more of a clue what I'm talking about than you do because you just keep restating your claim without providing any evidence to prove it right.

I swear, this is like explaining to a creationist how the flood could never have happened. We give all the evidence from basic principles and he still just says "Nuh uh, you're wrong because I can't be".
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#240MadameLuigi64Posted 8/5/2014 4:38:15 PM
It's more like trying to argue with a brick wall. You do it to let out your stress and then it just becomes more stressful because WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN!?
---