This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are cheaters still ruining pokemon?

#251FireMage7777Posted 8/5/2014 5:49:14 PM
ShippFFXI posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...
What "objectivity" is there in morality? It completely matters what the people think, because they're the only ones that can and do think about "morality". Morality is an opinion made on the basis of observations. Not a fact.

P.S: Calling me a "t-cup", whatever the hell that is, doesn't help your crumbling point, and I'm not going to "apologize for ignorance" because I'm not ignorant.
I've explained it numerous times what objectivity there is in morality. And whether or not anything is done about it is irrelevant. The Zodiac killer was never caught, doesn't make his actions any less wrong.

P.S. Just calling you what you are, and given that ignorance is never an excuse you should as on this subject you have no f***ing clue what you're talking about
No you haven't proven that there is objectivity in morality, you've just repeated that statement over and over again. It's not about whether this killer was caught that made his actions "wrong", it's what people thought of his actions that made them "wrong".

P.S: I'm not ignorant, I'm not apologizing, and it seems I have more of a clue what I'm talking about than you do because you just keep restating your claim without providing any evidence to prove it right.

No it's the fact he up and killed people for whatever irrelevant reason he did so that was wrong. Has nothing to do with our feelings on the matter

It isn't a claim there troll. It's a straight up fact. Apparently facts are now claims in trollworld

What was objectively wrong about his actions?

There was no rationally excusable reason for his actions. Done
---
I'm so awesome Gavirulax uses alts and forged PMs to try and troll me
Licensed troll slayer
#252Mikey_MinccinoPosted 8/5/2014 5:49:18 PM
Everyone Shut Up!!!We need someway to settle this crap!
---
"The Official Choice Scarf Holder"
"Cute and Competitively Viable" FC: 4184-3565-5498
#253rojsePosted 8/5/2014 5:50:14 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
rojse posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
No it's the fact he up and killed people for whatever irrelevant reason he did so that was wrong.

Someone rushes at you with a knife, and your only option is to either be killed or kill the attacker. Are you now morally in the wrong.

No. Due to the circumstances, reasons, etc it isn't

Okay. So someone rushes at someone else with a knife. They can't defend themselves but you can stop the attacker but only by killing them. Is that morally correct, and if so, is that objectively morally correct?
---
MissJocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more? Send me a PM.
#254FireMage7777Posted 8/5/2014 5:51:45 PM
Inferno05 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
rojse posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
No it's the fact he up and killed people for whatever irrelevant reason he did so that was wrong.

Someone rushes at you with a knife, and your only option is to either be killed or kill the attacker. Are you now morally in the wrong.

In your morality, maybe not the guy you killed.

Irrelevant. He has no logically excusable reason, you do. Therefore what he views on the matter is objectively irrelevant
---
Licensed troll slayer
#255Inferno05Posted 8/5/2014 5:51:58 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

Real morality doesn't rely on that. You're describing in your terms and providing zero proof that they're valid
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#256FireMage7777Posted 8/5/2014 5:54:07 PM
rojse posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
rojse posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Okay. So someone rushes at someone else with a knife. They can't defend themselves but you can stop the attacker but only by killing them. Is that morally correct, and if so, is that objectively morally correct?

Yes. If you have the ability to stop them and don't you are just as morally in the wrong as stabbing the victim yourself
---
Licensed troll slayer
#257ShippFFXIPosted 8/5/2014 5:57:04 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

That has nothing to do with objectivity. Who says he didn't have a rational and excusable reason? You? Society? To use your earlier excuse, what people think has no bearing on objectvity. Try again.
#258Inferno05Posted 8/5/2014 5:57:51 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Yes. If you have the ability to stop them and don't you are just as morally in the wrong as stabbing the victim yourself

By your morality. Maybe my morality decides it's not worth risking my own life
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#259FireMage7777Posted 8/5/2014 6:00:09 PM
ShippFFXI posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

That has nothing to do with objectivity. Who says he didn't have a rational and excusable reason? You? Society? To use your earlier excuse, what people think has no bearing on objectvity. Try again.

How about the fact that random murder isn't rational? Please learn to make actual points, k?
---
Licensed troll slayer
#260FireMage7777Posted 8/5/2014 6:01:17 PM
Inferno05 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

By your morality. Maybe my morality decides it's not worth risking my own life

What you view is irrelevant in an objective matter. Kthxbai
---
Licensed troll slayer