This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fact: Game Freak intentionally made Gen 6 a less competitive game

#1JohnTeetorPosted 8/5/2014 3:29:35 PM
-Critical hits still being in the game, much higher chance to crit at higher stages
-Megas
-Aegislash
-Lack of tutors, mons transferred from gen 5 don't have the Kalos mark which makes them look suspicious
-IVs not being removed

I personally agree with everything that they have done. I love how smogon tries to make gen 6 competitive but falls flat on its face with crap like banning mega lucario but not regular lucario and banning mega gengar from ubers
#2CaptainZangoosePosted 8/5/2014 3:36:06 PM
0/10, yer not even trying.
#3TropiOUsPosted 8/5/2014 3:36:47 PM
CaptainZangoose posted...

---
Pokemon X board overlord. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif http://i.imgur.com/FZdH5LL.jpg
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 8/5/2014 3:37:51 PM
TropiOUs posted...
CaptainZangoose posted...

---
"Cheating seems to be a relevant term only when one is caught in the act. Otherwise it is viewed as intelligence, no?" - HK-47, Star Wars: KoTOR
#5TaticalWarriorPosted 8/5/2014 3:39:02 PM
JohnTeetor posted...
-Critical hits still being in the game, much higher chance to crit at higher stages
-Megas
-Aegislash
-Lack of tutors, mons transferred from gen 5 don't have the Kalos mark which makes them look suspicious
-IVs not being removed

I personally agree with everything that they have done. I love how smogon tries to make gen 6 competitive but falls flat on its face with crap like banning mega lucario but not regular lucario and banning mega gengar from ubers

Go back to your time.
---
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
#6ElCruzXDPosted 8/5/2014 3:46:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7BandedAegislashPosted 8/5/2014 4:07:37 PM
#8zelionxPosted 8/5/2014 4:12:14 PM
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 8/5/2014 6:18:25 PM
To crits: it is now possible to get a 100% crit chance. That is far, far more competitive than any other crit chance because it's a certainty, not randomness.

To Megas: I have no idea what you're talking about. A competitive game is about strategy, planning, and decision-making. Megas add planning in that you can choose one per team, decision-making in that there are some where you won't always mega turn 1, and strategy by increasing the pool of usable Pokemon.

To Aegislash: It's a Pokemon whose entire viability depends on outpredicting your opponent. It's entirely a competitive being.

To lack of tutors: see RB, GS, RS, DP, BW.

To IVs: lack of removal is not a change.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#10BabySh0esPosted 8/5/2014 6:19:10 PM