This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fact: Game Freak intentionally made Gen 6 a less competitive game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fact: Game Freak intentionally made Gen 6 a less competitive game

User Info: JohnTeetor

JohnTeetor
2 years ago#1
-Critical hits still being in the game, much higher chance to crit at higher stages
-Megas
-Aegislash
-Lack of tutors, mons transferred from gen 5 don't have the Kalos mark which makes them look suspicious
-IVs not being removed

I personally agree with everything that they have done. I love how smogon tries to make gen 6 competitive but falls flat on its face with crap like banning mega lucario but not regular lucario and banning mega gengar from ubers

User Info: CaptainZangoose

CaptainZangoose
2 years ago#2
0/10, yer not even trying.

User Info: TropiOUs

TropiOUs
2 years ago#3
CaptainZangoose posted...
Pokemon X board overlord. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif http://i.imgur.com/FZdH5LL.jpg

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
2 years ago#4
TropiOUs posted...
CaptainZangoose posted...
"Cheating seems to be a relevant term only when one is caught in the act. Otherwise it is viewed as intelligence, no?" - HK-47, Star Wars: KoTOR

User Info: TaticalWarrior

TaticalWarrior
2 years ago#5
JohnTeetor posted...
-Critical hits still being in the game, much higher chance to crit at higher stages
-Megas
-Aegislash
-Lack of tutors, mons transferred from gen 5 don't have the Kalos mark which makes them look suspicious
-IVs not being removed

I personally agree with everything that they have done. I love how smogon tries to make gen 6 competitive but falls flat on its face with crap like banning mega lucario but not regular lucario and banning mega gengar from ubers

Go back to your time.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: pokemonfreak97

pokemonfreak97
2 years ago#9
To crits: it is now possible to get a 100% crit chance. That is far, far more competitive than any other crit chance because it's a certainty, not randomness.

To Megas: I have no idea what you're talking about. A competitive game is about strategy, planning, and decision-making. Megas add planning in that you can choose one per team, decision-making in that there are some where you won't always mega turn 1, and strategy by increasing the pool of usable Pokemon.

To Aegislash: It's a Pokemon whose entire viability depends on outpredicting your opponent. It's entirely a competitive being.

To lack of tutors: see RB, GS, RS, DP, BW.

To IVs: lack of removal is not a change.
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fact: Game Freak intentionally made Gen 6 a less competitive game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived