This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips and Help as I Attempt to Fill the National Dex

#1DementedW4rriorPosted 8/5/2014 5:00:47 PM
So I've decided to take on filling the national dex. The shiny charm really interests me and I've never filled even a normal regions dex in any game. So far I've caught about 430 in total. Working on finishing the x and y dex first and then taking on the Natty. I've got some pokemon I can transfer from previous games but not too many. What're your tips and advice for filling it up? Currently I've got the list of pokemon open on serebii as I just go down the list getting what I don't have. Pokemon you don't want that are tough to get and I don't have are gladly accepted and any help is appreciated. Thanks.
#2LexifoxPosted 8/5/2014 5:01:58 PM
A good way to get random Pokemon is Wonder Trade. That said, putting in rarer Pokemon in the GTS can help you get Pokemon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3EasilyDistractPosted 8/5/2014 5:02:38 PM
Wonder trading can rarely be helpful but only very rarely
Try getting all the legends than go after the rest that is what i did.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/zeldaplayer2 <-- My Youtube Channel.
3DS Fc:2363-5722-4064
#4DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 5:04:26 PM
Lexifox posted...
A good way to get random Pokemon is Wonder Trade. That said, putting in rarer Pokemon in the GTS can help you get Pokemon.

Yeah i wonder traded a little and actually got really lucky to get a phione. GTS seems helpful but it almost seems like everyone is asking for a legendary even for a normal pokemon. And then there's the people who want diancie..
#5DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 5:05:25 PM
EasilyDistract posted...
Wonder trading can rarely be helpful but only very rarely
Try getting all the legends than go after the rest that is what i did.

Yeah i agree. Well luckily I have just about every pokemon game and I always catch the leggys in each game so I can easily transfer those with the transfer tool and pokebank
#6LexifoxPosted 8/5/2014 5:06:16 PM
DementedW4rrior posted...
Lexifox posted...

Yeah i wonder traded a little and actually got really lucky to get a phione. GTS seems helpful but it almost seems like everyone is asking for a legendary even for a normal pokemon. And then there's the people who want diancie..

Never search for trade offers. Put in a rarer Pokemon and ask, and you'll get a fairly fast response. You only ever see terrible requests because the good ones go fast.

The best Pokemon to deposit are Pokemon you can't get in X/Y, like Tynamo, non-Spring Deerling/Sawsbuck, etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 5:09:01 PM
Lexifox posted...
DementedW4rrior posted...
Lexifox posted...

Never search for trade offers. Put in a rarer Pokemon and ask, and you'll get a fairly fast response. You only ever see terrible requests because the good ones go fast.

The best Pokemon to deposit are Pokemon you can't get in X/Y, like Tynamo, non-Spring Deerling/Sawsbuck, etc.

Alright cool. Do you just do that for pokes that are like difficult to get or something? I find it easy to just go catch them if I can. Have about all the starters now so that's not an issue
#8LexifoxPosted 8/5/2014 5:11:34 PM
Do it for anything that's hard to catch, or something you can't catch in your game.

Or just to save time >.>
---
#9DementedW4rrior(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 5:13:52 PM
Lexifox posted...
Do it for anything that's hard to catch, or something you can't catch in your game.

Or just to save time >.>

Alright thanks. I figured I'd get some good advice here. Is phione a good poke to offer or is it not so popular?
#10LexifoxPosted 8/5/2014 5:17:42 PM
Phione is fine since it's fairly hard to get. Unown is probably the most feasible to use since it's only from past games and can't be bred.
---