This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips and Help as I Attempt to Fill the National Dex

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Tips and Help as I Attempt to Fill the National Dex
2 years ago#1
So I've decided to take on filling the national dex. The shiny charm really interests me and I've never filled even a normal regions dex in any game. So far I've caught about 430 in total. Working on finishing the x and y dex first and then taking on the Natty. I've got some pokemon I can transfer from previous games but not too many. What're your tips and advice for filling it up? Currently I've got the list of pokemon open on serebii as I just go down the list getting what I don't have. Pokemon you don't want that are tough to get and I don't have are gladly accepted and any help is appreciated. Thanks.
2 years ago#2
A good way to get random Pokemon is Wonder Trade. That said, putting in rarer Pokemon in the GTS can help you get Pokemon.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#3
Wonder trading can rarely be helpful but only very rarely
Try getting all the legends than go after the rest that is what i did.
https://www.youtube.com/user/zeldaplayer2 <-- My Youtube Channel.
3DS Fc:2363-5722-4064
2 years ago#4
Lexifox posted...
A good way to get random Pokemon is Wonder Trade. That said, putting in rarer Pokemon in the GTS can help you get Pokemon.

Yeah i wonder traded a little and actually got really lucky to get a phione. GTS seems helpful but it almost seems like everyone is asking for a legendary even for a normal pokemon. And then there's the people who want diancie..
2 years ago#5
EasilyDistract posted...
Wonder trading can rarely be helpful but only very rarely
Try getting all the legends than go after the rest that is what i did.

Yeah i agree. Well luckily I have just about every pokemon game and I always catch the leggys in each game so I can easily transfer those with the transfer tool and pokebank
2 years ago#6
DementedW4rrior posted...
Lexifox posted...

Yeah i wonder traded a little and actually got really lucky to get a phione. GTS seems helpful but it almost seems like everyone is asking for a legendary even for a normal pokemon. And then there's the people who want diancie..

Never search for trade offers. Put in a rarer Pokemon and ask, and you'll get a fairly fast response. You only ever see terrible requests because the good ones go fast.

The best Pokemon to deposit are Pokemon you can't get in X/Y, like Tynamo, non-Spring Deerling/Sawsbuck, etc.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#7
Lexifox posted...
DementedW4rrior posted...
Lexifox posted...

Never search for trade offers. Put in a rarer Pokemon and ask, and you'll get a fairly fast response. You only ever see terrible requests because the good ones go fast.

The best Pokemon to deposit are Pokemon you can't get in X/Y, like Tynamo, non-Spring Deerling/Sawsbuck, etc.

Alright cool. Do you just do that for pokes that are like difficult to get or something? I find it easy to just go catch them if I can. Have about all the starters now so that's not an issue
2 years ago#8
Do it for anything that's hard to catch, or something you can't catch in your game.

Or just to save time >.>
2 years ago#9
Lexifox posted...
Do it for anything that's hard to catch, or something you can't catch in your game.

Or just to save time >.>

Alright thanks. I figured I'd get some good advice here. Is phione a good poke to offer or is it not so popular?
2 years ago#10
Phione is fine since it's fairly hard to get. Unown is probably the most feasible to use since it's only from past games and can't be bred.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Tips and Help as I Attempt to Fill the National Dex

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived