This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is blaziken still banned?

#1MalkyeaImbakPosted 8/7/2014 1:01:34 AM
Blaziken is still a great pokemon granted but this gen it has even more stops than last gen,

Blaziken with any stat boosts is going to run away from the OP talon bird,

Baton pass was nerfed like hell already, so Baton pass blaziken can only do but so much

There are like 8 prankster pokemon with TWAVE, how is speed boost still a issue

Reflect...REFLECT

Intimidate still scares blaziken (except them RARE RARE sp atk ones)

Scarf leads tend to be blaziken leads

Unaware much?

Substitute on protects/swords dance

For fun, you can stop it with Delphox lol (unless stone edge), Victini, Chandelure

while knock off is a thing this means blaziken losses protect or swords dance, blaziken without swords dance is good but nothing amazing, blaziken without protect has to be smart

Priority moves

Snatch/Encore

The ancient Trick Room

Bulky Wata Types (Swampert, Gyarados, Azumarill, Jellicent, Tentacruel, Qwilfish lol) or Just defensive mon that aren't weak to fire/fighting (hippowdon, Gliscor, Cofaigurius, Torkoal lol)

I understand that speed boost can be a difficult ability to deal with but honestly speaking its not really that difficult to deal with this gen. Stealth rocks overcentralizes the game if anything. Every team made has in mind (I need defog/rapid spin, I need hazards/rocks). I think blaziken should be retested man.

Most people would argue it hits hard, but darmantian hits harder. It hit hard and gets speed boost, it doesn't just have a boosted speed (it takes a turn to boost its speed) in that turn you can predict/set up a counter measure or something. Darmanitan and Victini just starts off fast with scarf with the same atk force. ANY pokemon sweeps well after setting up, ever battle a + 2 excadrill in the sand? or a +2 mega mawile/Mega gyara? Even a DD dragonite displays a major wrecking force. Those mons are just as OP as blaziken and takes the same amount of set up time (1 turn)

Things like Heatran are much more annoying to deal imo.
---
X/Y fc 4167 5470 8819
#2WaffleSenpaiPosted 8/7/2014 1:04:30 AM
Lol I was playing in users and stopped blaziken right in its tracks by using encore on my alakazam and locking him into protect. He eventually disconnected.
---
Pokemon X info:
FC:3179-6596-3895 Safari type:steel IGN:Denathan
#3BlizzardhailPosted 8/7/2014 1:06:37 AM
Really stale and bad bait
#lugiaforou/10
---
You are now expriencing contact with user: Blizzardhail.
If you are dissatisfied with the exprience, PM me and your message will be ignored
#4gamepimp12Posted 8/7/2014 1:30:31 AM
Because smart blaziken play means you lose to either him... Or who ever he baton passes too.
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#5tuttiPosted 8/7/2014 1:34:22 AM
At least for the official tournaments, it's banned because it's not in the Kalos dex.
---
3DS friend code: 5386-7979-9957 - Mienfoo, Hariyama and Throh.
#6Latias007Posted 8/7/2014 1:55:13 AM
It's overcentralising and has absurd counters in OU. Although barely, it unfortunately fulfils the requisites of a ban.
---
Official Sim and Dex mod of PokeBattle (Ketchi).
The 60th best player worldwide as of Doubles Season 1. PM me anytime for a challenge, best out of 3 matches.
#7supremeblasterPosted 8/7/2014 2:58:02 AM
I actually agree with most of what you said. Good points.
---
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
#8hodelinoPosted 8/7/2014 3:00:29 AM
Blaziken was the reason why I put Protect on my Rock Types but then I discovered Chandelure whichcould handle most of them chickens.

I love Blaziken btw
---
Pokemon X! FC: 4081-6243-4839
The F*** King
#9wellingtonPosted 8/7/2014 3:02:56 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6467676160/h9D60E7EC/
---
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430
#10RPninesixfourPosted 8/7/2014 3:09:04 AM
y'know if blaziken were a legendary i really doubt we would have all these "why is blaziken banned" threads. I mean a lot of your points apply to arceus bug/grass/fight, deoxys n/a, and genesect but you never see any clamoring to unban them. _
---
http://goo.gl/hVmgSE | http://i.imgur.com/FZdH5LL.jpg