This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Altaria analysis

#1SlakmeoffPosted 8/8/2014 9:39:33 AM
A lot of people are saying it's getting a boost in physical attack, but it has Hyper Voice as an EM, and can be taught Uproar by move tutors. Those moves would be great with Pixilate. Also it gained Moonblast in X/Y.

As of now, Altaria's attack stat and special attack stat are equal, I think GF should keep that the same with the Mega. It could choose to be a Physical Dragon Dancer, taking use of Return Pixilate, or a Special Attacker with Sub breaking abilities and Draco Meteor, etc.

Either way I have high hopes for it because of it's great typing, it has Roost and cleric moves, and good defenses already to boot.
#2GatedSunOnePosted 8/8/2014 9:47:12 AM
Well, your wish has been granted as MegaTaria is confirmed to have massive boosts in both offenses.
---
FC; 2964 8693 8509 IGN: Verylin TSV: 1874
Lucid Dreamer's log for 2014: 40/365; Nightmares: 20. #MegaMadokaMagicaMaster of Serebii.Net.
#3Slakmeoff(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 9:48:40 AM
GatedSunOne posted...
Well, your wish has been granted as MegaTaria is confirmed to have massive boosts in both offenses.

Really? I guess I am to blind to see that confirmation I only saw the pictures, could you link me?
#4RavingSwoobatPosted 8/8/2014 9:50:18 AM
GatedSunOne posted...

:/

I guess I'm just a bit upset that Mega Altaria isn't as defensive as it could have been. First Pixilate, now this...
#5ThornAernoughtPosted 8/8/2014 9:53:49 AM
GatedSunOne posted...

Source me yo.
---
"It's a f***ing chaos snake, Glove!"
#6Slakmeoff(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 9:55:31 AM
It looks like if you want a Defensive Dragon Megamence is the way to go, Altaria already had decent bulk and it really needed attack and Sp.A boosts, so overall I'm excited for it. It has Roost as well which will be nice for its longevity.
#7AwesomeMarioPosted 8/8/2014 9:58:19 AM
Slakmeoff posted...
It looks like if you want a Defensive Dragon Megamence is the way to go, Altaria already had decent bulk and it really needed attack and Sp.A boosts, so overall I'm excited for it. It has Roost as well which will be nice for its longevity.

lolwut? Mega Salamence is going to be nothing but a sweeper, Defensive dragons are Dragonite (can also work as a sweeper), Goodra, and Latias
---
PSN/NN: Shadow 2684. FC:1375-8297-7361.
People who think I'm Awesome: 17
#8RavingSwoobatPosted 8/8/2014 9:58:43 AM
Slakmeoff posted...

True.

I do like how the Mega concept switches it up a bit sometimes.
#9Slakmeoff(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 10:01:29 AM
AwesomeMario posted...
Slakmeoff posted...

lolwut? Mega Salamence is going to be nothing but a sweeper, Defensive dragons are Dragonite (can also work as a sweeper), Goodra, and Latias

Mence got a big defense boost
#10AwesomeMarioPosted 8/8/2014 10:03:26 AM
Slakmeoff posted...
AwesomeMario posted...
Slakmeoff posted...

Mence got a big defense boost

No source >.>
---
PSN/NN: Shadow 2684. FC:1375-8297-7361.
People who think I'm Awesome: 17