This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worried about my Save Data

#1noodlejuicePosted 8/11/2014 9:18:13 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help here.

I am very worried about my Pokémon X save Data.
I have far over 1,200 Hours on it, Completed Pokedex, Over 300 Shinies.

The Save file has never been deleted once, so I have never restarted the game over.
I have had it since the day of release.

Because of al this I'm worried that my game will die soon, so it will delete all my data and not be able to save ever again.

I heard that Game cartridges only have so long to live and if you play them too much, they die!

I really don't want to loose my 300 Shinies, 120 of those I caught and hatched myself! :(

Please please someone give me an answer, I'm really stressed.
#2SassyDianciePosted 8/11/2014 9:19:00 AM
Pokebank
---
US had absolutely no wifi events from gens 1 to 3 so don't complain
#3noodlejuice(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 9:21:38 AM
SassyDiancie posted...
Pokebank

How is Pokebank Safe?
#4KillZoneAIPosted 8/11/2014 9:23:22 AM
I never heard about save data dying...what's up with that?
---
PSN id: KillZoneAI
3DS FC: 4957-4496-9365 I Pokemon X IGN: Dina
#5Hayato213Posted 8/11/2014 9:23:26 AM
As far as I know your cartilage is safe, as long you weren't messing your save file around with power-saves and Cyber Gadget to modify your save file. Cartilage died when you short circuit them not how many saves did u over written. If u taken care of it correctly then you wont have a problem.
---
FC 2079 7193 4010 IGN Jay (X), Minato (Y) Time Zone: EST USA.
Shiny Lists http://tinyurl.com/Hayato213, TSV: 1855 (X) | 1375 (Y)
#6KillZoneAIPosted 8/11/2014 9:25:03 AM
noodlejuice posted...
SassyDiancie posted...
Pokebank

How is Pokebank Safe?

I think he means uploading all your Pokemons to the bank, deleting your old save data and starting a new one then downloading all your Pokemons to the new game...sounds reasonable enough for such amount of shiny
---
PSN id: KillZoneAI
3DS FC: 4957-4496-9365 I Pokemon X IGN: Dina
#7noodlejuice(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 9:25:44 AM
Hayato213 posted...
As far as I know your cartilage is safe, as long you weren't messing your save file around with power-saves and Cyber Gadget to modify your save file. Cartilage died when you short circuit them not how many saves did u over written. If u taken care of it correctly then you wont have a problem.

I have used some power saves in the past for my friends to get there Pokémon into a shiny, and to get some spare Masterballs is that to be worried about?
#8Hayato213Posted 8/11/2014 9:31:25 AM
noodlejuice posted...
Hayato213 posted...

I have used some power saves in the past for my friends to get there Pokémon into a shiny, and to get some spare Masterballs is that to be worried about?

As far as powersaves is, it is known as a cartilage killer, if handled not properly then the cartilage might get short circuit and not readable. Somebody on the Forum here bought a new cart and killed it on the same day after killing his previous one. Just make sure u are using a good connection USB, dont use the one that come with the powersaves, also there is no estimate amount of writes that a cart can handle. The more powersaves backup and restore u do the higher chance damaging that specific cart.
---
FC 2079 7193 4010 IGN Jay (X), Minato (Y) Time Zone: EST USA.
Shiny Lists http://tinyurl.com/Hayato213, TSV: 1855 (X) | 1375 (Y)
#9wantfastcarsPosted 8/11/2014 9:33:55 AM
I have probably close to 2500 hours on my Y cartridge. If they do die, you have at least another thousand hours in your game.

Bank lets you store all your pokemon on Nintendo's servers, so if your game dies/is lost/breaks etc. you'll have access to your pokemon.

if anyone is wondering, Y Version was the only DS/3DS game I had between October 2013 and July 2014, so I pretty much just left it running 24/7.
---
Now Playing: Pokemon Y Version, Bayonetta, One Piece: Unlimited World Red
i5-3570k | 8GB 1600MHz RAM | GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | 1TB HDD
#10noodlejuice(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 9:34:24 AM
Hayato213 posted...
noodlejuice posted...
Hayato213 posted...

As far as powersaves is, it is known as a cartilage killer, if handled not properly then the cartilage might get short circuit and not readable. Somebody on the Forum here bought a new cart and killed it on the same day after killing his previous one. Just make sure u are using a good connection USB, dont use the one that come with the powersaves, also there is no estimate amount of writes that a cart can handle. The more powersaves backup and restore u do the higher chance damaging that specific cart.

Okay that's good to know. I'll stop using my Power savers then, Its not that important to me to have cheats. Thank you, I never used it too much and messed with it overly.