This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people still asking for special pokemon in the gts?

#21Kyubey_daINCUBA(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 6:08:04 AM
tsinitoboi posted...
I saw two Diancie (Diancies?) in the GTS a few days ago. They're both asking for an Arceus.

A couple of showoffs I presume.

Yeah they are annoying
---
"What is a pokemon? A miserable pile of IVs. But enough breeding. HAVE AT YOU!"- Kyubey_daINCUBA
PSN: adachIZANAGI4321
#22Ansem_the_evilPosted 8/18/2014 6:17:06 AM
They dont fix it since some event pokemon can be traded on the gts, like oaks letter shaymin and members card darkrai , its just pokemons with friendship ribbons and in cherrish balls that can be traded on gts
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-4466-8561
#23LightningAce11Posted 8/18/2014 6:25:26 AM
willdawg01 posted...
If you are tired of trades like a "Shiny Gerninja for Arceus" always irritating you, you can set the GTS to not show you people requesting 'special' Pokémon.

On the first screen of the seek menu of the GTS you go to Options and then select Don't Include then make your search and no special Pokémon requested will appear.

Yes, it would be MUCH better if people couldn't ask for the special ones but at least this saves you from personal frustration.

As for what's special, it's an internal list on the GTS. It has nothing to do with ball types or ribbons.

Then 98% of the results will be wiped.
---
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189
#24willdawg01Posted 8/18/2014 9:08:27 AM
LightningAce11 posted...>

Which would mean 98% of the results you normally see are invalid. This is just a way to not waste so much time and avoid any possible frustration of having what someone wants and not being able to actually make the trade. If it's impossible for me to trade for something why would I want to see it?

Again, if people couldn't even request a special pokemon then this wouldn't be an issue, of course the result of so many pokemon not showing up in the results would be similar.
#25colt45magPosted 8/19/2014 1:32:41 PM
willdawg01 posted...
LightningAce11 posted...>

Which would mean 98% of the results you normally see are invalid. This is just a way to not waste so much time and avoid any possible frustration of having what someone wants and not being able to actually make the trade. If it's impossible for me to trade for something why would I want to see it?

Again, if people couldn't even request a special pokemon then this wouldn't be an issue, of course the result of so many pokemon not showing up in the results would be similar.

That's true in most cases, but it doesn't even show the "legitimate" trades where people are requesting a non-event legendary. (except the dogs, for the some reason) Also, I second your motion about people not requesting special pokemon, and I hope they implement something like that into the GTS in OR/AS!
---
Making the world a better place, one n00b at a time.
#26socguyPosted 8/19/2014 2:24:44 PM
Ansem_the_evil posted...
They dont fix it since some event pokemon can be traded on the gts, like oaks letter shaymin and members card darkrai , its just pokemons with friendship ribbons and in cherrish balls that can be traded on gts

really? maybe I should stock on them if I ever had to pokegen again
---
3DS FC: 1134-8049-9417