This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Riddles 2

#341TheBlobasaurusPosted 8/18/2014 11:52:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#342Chopperman12Posted 8/18/2014 11:52:41 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Munna? Drowzee? Dunsparce?

Nope, nope and... Dunsparce is correct! Here's why:
In differing spots against me you have fought (Differing refers to the varieties of locations it can be found in: underground and outside in normal grass)
Still there are two places where I could never be caught (This takes both region and generation into consideration. It is not catchable in Gen 1 Kanto or Gen 3 Hoenn)
I am a half of a duo not totally obvious (Shares its BST with Furret, with which it has practically no other special connection)
And Iím notably ghostly in a way not dangerous (It is the only non-ghost type pokemon to learn spite, one of the least dangerous ghost moves, by level up. In a way, this is notable and a ghostlike trait)
In the whole of the game thereís only little I canít do (It is compatible with many types of TMs, including different stat boosting, status and attacking moves of various types)
Yet on your journey I often won't be useful to you (Despite its good TM compatibility, it learns only one HM to help on the actual getting around part of the journey)
Among others I'm strangely vulnerable (It is capable of floating in the air and limited flight, but like Beedrill and some other seemingly flying or levitating pokemon, ground moves hit it, which can be considered strange)
But at least on my part it's rather tolerable (As it still doesn't get very high of the ground, it is more understandable (or tolerable) for it to get hit by ground moves than it is for, for example, Venomoth)

Hope that makes sense to you. As I said, I couldn't solve this myself, but when it was explained to me, I thought it was solvable after all. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it here in the first place.
#343Persoon56Posted 8/18/2014 11:55:13 AM
I think I need to go cry.
---
Now to unleash the devastating power of IKE!!!!!!!!!!
#344LordValvatorezPosted 8/18/2014 12:01:52 PM
Chopperman12 posted...

In differing spots against me you have fought (Differing refers to the varieties of locations it can be found in: underground and outside in normal grass)
Still there are two places where I could never be caught (This takes both region and generation into consideration. It is not catchable in Gen 1 Kanto or Gen 3 Hoenn)
I am a half of a duo not totally obvious (Shares its BST with Furret, with which it has practically no other special connection)
And Iím notably ghostly in a way not dangerous (It is the only non-ghost type pokemon to learn spite, one of the least dangerous ghost moves, by level up. In a way, this is notable and a ghostlike trait)
In the whole of the game thereís only little I canít do (It is compatible with many types of TMs, including different stat boosting, status and attacking moves of various types)
Yet on your journey I often won't be useful to you (Despite its good TM compatibility, it learns only one HM to help on the actual getting around part of the journey)
Among others I'm strangely vulnerable (It is capable of floating in the air and limited flight, but like Beedrill and some other seemingly flying or levitating pokemon, ground moves hit it, which can be considered strange)
But at least on my part it's rather tolerable (As it still doesn't get very high of the ground, it is more understandable (or tolerable) for it to get hit by ground moves than it is for, for example, Venomoth)

Hope that makes sense to you. As I said, I couldn't solve this myself, but when it was explained to me, I thought it was solvable after all. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it here in the first place.

http://imgur.com/zcXBwdk
---
My list of games - http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JMJBifjb
SS Mary/Seto and Minato/Aigis
#345Missingno_MastrPosted 8/18/2014 12:02:48 PM
Chopperman12 posted...

...That is one hell of a riddle. I KNEW I was on the right track with the whole "only this and something else has that specific BST" thing, and the Spite thing is why I chose to say Dunsparce over Furret. All right, I'm gonna come up with a riddle of my own now, and though I don't expect it to come anywhere close to this one in terms of difficulty, I still want to put some effort into it, y'know?
---
My fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
My Shiny Pokemon (not for trade): http://i.imgur.com/1utdapU.png
#346Yoshiguy3971Posted 8/18/2014 12:12:41 PM
Where was this riddle found? That was a very clever riddle, one of the best I've ever seen.
---
You scared the trolls away...
3DS FC: 3480-3191-2710/Friend Safari- Wooper, Camerupt, and Gastrodon.
#347Missingno_MastrPosted 8/18/2014 12:21:37 PM
You know that bug that repels with stink?
Well, I'm not that- take its counterpart, I think.
Evolve it once, turn the numbers around,
But the answer is still not that which you have found.
Now, its type combination is far from unique,
The first in the dex with those types you should seek.
Evolve it twice, flip the numbers, and then,
Devolve that result and flip the numbers again.
The result you're now at is none other than me,
Or, if you did this right, at least you should be.
---
My fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
My Shiny Pokemon (not for trade): http://i.imgur.com/1utdapU.png
#348Mikey_Minccino(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 12:25:37 PM

Caterpie, to give me a hint.
---
"The Official Choice Scarf Holder"
"Cute and Competitively Viable" FC: 4184-3565-5498
#349Chopperman12Posted 8/18/2014 12:29:17 PM
Yoshiguy3971 posted...
Where was this riddle found? That was a very clever riddle, one of the best I've ever seen.
It was made by a irl friend in my university. He's not that into pokemon, but likes riddles and he made a bet with me and some of our friends that he could make a pokemon riddle we couldn't solve. Walked away 35e richer he did. Didn't give us any hints though. With them we might have succeeded.
#350Persoon56Posted 8/18/2014 12:32:57 PM

Wait, is the answer Dunsparce? Again?
---
Now to unleash the devastating power of IKE!!!!!!!!!!