This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nuzlocke runs will make you hate The Elite Four (My Nuzlocke Topic 2)

#1XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 8/12/2014 5:21:37 PM(edited)
Continuing on from this topic that got archived: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69716400

The Episode Before the End: Victory or Death
----------------------------------------------------------
I finally took on Victory Road and lost a lot more people =/. Before going in I was having trouble on deciding what my final team would be and well, let's just say it's not really an issue anymore. Sea Duchess the Tentacruel, Riviere Bleu the Floatzel, and Poisson Rose the Alomomola all died to Fighting trainers. Meaning I can no longer claim myself a Water Trainer. I hate those Gi wearing bastards. They've been giving me a hard time all game! Then Lady Poison the Drapion and Ferrum the Durant went down eliminating two of my biggest physical powerhouses. Lady Poison may have gotten taken out by the same Machamp that killed Alomomola. Ferrum got taken out by an Alakazam's Focus Blast. Fighting the Elite Four is going to be interesting.

Deaths (27):
---------------------
Terra - Sandile (22)
Roi de Vert - Quilladin (26)
Noire - Absol (27)
Azure - Pidgeotto (27)
Hellfyre - Charmeleon (27)
Jitterbug - Volbeat (21)
Annie - Cubone (17)
Snubbull (20)
Taichi - Tyrunt (22)
Mary Jane - Gulpin (23)
Raven - Staravia - (29)
Flintstone - Boldore (31)
Dragoon Vert - Trapinch (28)
Breezy - Beedril (34)
Aqua Knight - Basculin (47)
Mothra - Mothim (47)
Queen Frost - Jynx (46)
Leo de Brun - Liepard (38)
Lady Katana - Pawniard (47)
St Nicolette - Delibird (40)
Shinobu Vert - Gloom (50)
Sakura - Floette (52)
Sea Duchess - Tentacruel (60)
Riviere Bleu - Floatzel (61)
Poisson Rose - Alomomola (61)
Lady Poison - Drapion (60)
Ferrum - Durant (64)

Team:
-------------------
Roi de Bleu - Slowbro (65)
Mathiloda - Gothitelle (64)
Fantome Vert - Trevenant (65)
Skye d'Terre - Gligar (65)
Lady Sol - Druddigon (60)
Reine Terre - Sandslah (60)

Reserves:
--------------------
Nyorozo - Poliwhirl (57)
Sea Duke - Mantyke (36)

I've got to be smart and plan our strategy carefully. We don't have the numbers to make a second run at this. It's all or nothing.
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#23i33le23Posted 8/12/2014 5:19:43 PM
5 deaths?! Before the Elite Four? Tough luck, man. :/
---
Meh....
#3rjvcrisen5Posted 8/12/2014 5:21:02 PM(edited)
I love these topics

And i'm rooting for snadslash
---
Pokemon Y FC: 5172 0098 5479 - Fairy Safari
Digimon is back and i am so happy
#4RandysRagePosted 8/12/2014 5:25:06 PM
As interesting as Nuzlocke challenges are, I'm still unsure why people go through with them; just seems like unnecessary torture to me. =/
---
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/793/534/a6f.gif
3DS FC: 0533-5397-9843. IGN: Randall Friend Safari: Cascoon, Muk, Ariados
#53i33le23Posted 8/12/2014 5:26:47 PM
RandysRage posted...
As interesting as Nuzlocke challenges are, I'm still unsure why people go through with them; just seems like unnecessary torture to me. =/

To Make the games moré interesting. But not always torture. I did a Platinum nuzlocke and i Had no deaths :D
---
Meh....
#6rjvcrisen5Posted 8/12/2014 5:28:09 PM
RandysRage posted...

I don't do them cause knowing me i would just cheat since there really isn't anyone watching me follow the rules. I just like reading about other peoples. Especially when they ass little stories to them
---
Pokemon Y FC: 5172 0098 5479 - Fairy Safari
Digimon is back and i am so happy
#7XxMahnaMahnaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 5:28:29 PM
Nuzlocke runs are really fun! It's just... I guess I'm a bad trainer so I have a ton of deaths... I've learned to respect a lot of pokemon I would have never otherwise used, though. The first see, first catch mechanic of Nuzlockes makes things interesting. Death can be avoided if you play cautiously enough, but it can also creep up on you if you get reckless (guess which one I am).
---
#8ghost_tailsPosted 8/12/2014 6:03:28 PM
I did a Nuzlocke of Y and lost 3 Pokemon. Total. Lost Lucario to a Hi-Jump Kick that I didn't think any of the Scraggy in the Power Plant had... but one did. Later lost Lapras to... something from Ramos. His Gogoat. Thing managed to take an Ice Beam to the face. Then lost Snorlax to one of the Electric Gym Leader's Pokemon.
---
Warning: User is known to the state of California to get preachy.
#9XxMahnaMahnaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 11:45:19 AM
Well it's time. Can't put it off any longer.

Team:
-------------
Reine Terre - Sandslash (61)
Lady Sol - Druddigon (62)
Mathilda - Gothitelle (64)
Skye d'Terre - Gligar (65)
Roi de Bleu - Slowbro (65)
---
#10XxMahnaMahnaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 12:15:52 PM
Final Episode Part 1: The Dragonmark Chamber
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't really sure who would pose the biggest challenge so I just went with the Dragon Lady. What the heck kind of name is Drasna anyway?

Vs Drasna
---------------
Trevenant vs Dragalage. Trevenant leads with will-o-wisp and Dragalage hits back with Sludge Bomb for decent damage. Trevenant disappears wtih Phantom Force. Trevenant dodges Dragalage's attack before hitting with Phantom Force; but it gets poisoned by Poison Point. Dragalage nearly takes Trevenant out with another Sludge Bomb. Both pokemon are nearly dead and have HP taking status on them. I use a Full Restore and so does Drasna. Let's try something different: Trevenant uses Leech Seed and gets a Sludge Bomb critical in the face. Not to mention it's poisoned! The game is really messing with me right now. I use another Full Restore, ain't nobody got time for that. Another Critical Sludge Bomb. I call Shenanigans. Trevenant uses Phantom Force to heal some and dodge the next Sludge Bomb. Trevenant nearly kills Dragalage but gets a Sludge Bomb in the face that poisons it. Dragalage dies, but Trevenant dies to poison damage. ****ing Shenanigans! Gothitelle vs Druddigon. Gothitelle Tickles Druddigon and gets kicked out by Dragon Tail. Slowbro vs Druddigon. Slowbro takes off a good chunk of Druddigon's health with Ice Beam and Freezes it solid. So the Hax work for me, too. A second Ice Beam takes out Druddigon. Slowbro vs Altaria. Altaria gets a Critical Dragon Pulse (what the ****, why is there so much hax!) that still doesn't do much to Slowbro. Slowbro Yawns in Altaria's face. Altaria uses Cotton Guard and gets an Ice Beam in the face that OHKOs it. Slowbro vs Noivern. Noivern comes in with a Dragon Pulse that barely leaves Slowbro in the orange; and Slowbro just Yawns. I use a Full Restore on Slowbro and Noivern gets a Critical Dragon Pulse. This is ridiculous. Slowbro OHKOs Noivern with Ice Beam.

The fight is over, but we lost someone already.

That was the most Hax filled batttle I've ever had. Total ****ing bull. There was no reason Trevenant had to die!

How can I do everything right and still lose someone in the most asinine way? Why has Arceus forsaken me?!

Deaths:
-----------
---