This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would you think of a Post-Apocalyptic Pokemon game?

#1SuperMario1998Posted 8/14/2014 7:49:18 AM
Hear me out.

It could be a mush darker game with a decent story that varies from the others. To fit this theme, the starters could be Dark, Psychic, and Fighting (weakness trio). This would allow them to step outside the bounds of regular Pokemon games, and it could be just as much a save-the-world storyline as a kid collecting pokemon.

Haven't thought too much about it yet, what do y'all think though?
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#2FFnutPosted 8/14/2014 8:00:44 AM
It sounds like someone is desperate to get the Fighting/Psychic/Dark starter trio to happen and is trying to come up with insanely out-there reasoning to make it happen.

G/F/W is the starter trio because every choice allows you to explore SE and NVE with your rival (or other player who has just started and only picked their starter so far). Dark and Psychic have no NVE relationship - it's an immunity relationship, which makes the Psychic starter inherently worse for Rival Battles than the other two would be.

Additionally, G/F/W all resist themselves too, which ties into learning about NVE.
---
And though we deserved not his mercy, he has led us to this new Eden, a last chance for redemption.
#3Tappor2Posted 8/14/2014 8:03:47 AM
SuperMario1998 posted...
Hear me out.

It could be a mush darker game with a decent story that varies from the others. To fit this theme, the starters could be Dark, Psychic, and Fighting (weakness trio). This would allow them to step outside the bounds of regular Pokemon games, and it could be just as much a save-the-world storyline as a kid collecting pokemon.

Haven't thought too much about it yet, what do y'all think though?

That GF might consider that as "too dark"
---
I won't just call Smogon's ninjas, I'll call Smogon's ninjas
#4GhetsisPosted 8/14/2014 8:24:42 AM
Fighting/Rock/Flying is a far better trio than Fighting/Dark/Psychic. Dark is immune to Psychic.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene? TSV: 1885
#5ThornAernoughtPosted 8/14/2014 9:03:41 AM
Ghetsis posted...
Fighting/Rock/Flying is a far better trio than Fighting/Dark/Psychic. Dark is immune to Psychic.

Yeah, but then one of the starters is a rock type, and nobody wants that.
---
"It's a f***ing chaos snake, Glove!"
#6TigerTycoonPosted 8/14/2014 9:08:06 AM
I'm open minded.

Mystery Dungeon 2 worked out.

Okay.
---
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!
#7FFnutPosted 8/14/2014 9:40:17 AM
Ghetsis posted...

And then Rock resists normal attacks, which gives it an advantage over the other two, especially in the early game where everything has normal attacks (including the other starters for the first Rival battle). So while it's a more balanced trio, it's still a terrible starter trio.
---
And though we deserved not his mercy, he has led us to this new Eden, a last chance for redemption.
#8SuperMario1998(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:48:06 AM
Ghetsis posted...

Ah. True. Maybe a slight tweak on that, dunno...

Like I said, just thought of it. :P
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#9monpoke3Posted 8/14/2014 9:57:45 AM
Ever hear of pokemon snakewood think that fits is the bill
---
CRIMSON VANE!!
#10Meltemi_RafalaPosted 8/14/2014 10:06:26 AM
TigerTycoon posted...
I'm open minded.

Mystery Dungeon 2 worked out.

Okay.

It did, but Mystery Dungeon is made by Chunsoft, not Gamefreak. That's not much of a precedent for Gamefreak-made games. The OP's notion just feels a little bit like "dark for the sake of dark" to me, rather than making a good story and letting the chips fall where they may.
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
3DS FC: 1075-2072-0394 (Ems) | Pokemon X: Mallory