This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's Talk About the "Theory" on the Fire Starters

#21ShinyTepigPosted 8/16/2014 9:49:52 PM
Sid_Starkiller posted...
Nuzlink posted...
Blue's Raticate

That one's stupid, too. The key (well, only) piece of evidence is what Blue says at the Pokemon Tower fight. Clearly no one who believes this theory went and checked what he said. Courtesy of Bulbapedia:

- Before battle

"Hey, <player>! What brings you here? Your Pokémon don't look dead! I can at least make them faint! Let's go, pal!"

- After being defeated

"How's your Pokédex coming, pal? I just caught a Cubone! I can't find the grown-up Marowak yet! I doubt there are any left! Well I better get going! I've got a lot to accomplish, pal! Smell ya later!"

There you have it, folks. He was in the tower looking for Cubone and Marowak, ran across you and left. And he boxed Raticate because it sucks.

The raticate theory is also debunked and thrown into the disposal if you skip the S.S Anne entirely.

And about the zodia thing, I'm going to wait until gen 7 to see if it's plausible or not...
---
NNID:133700Pika
"The best meal of the day, Gary's way~!"
#22Un0rthad0XxPosted 8/16/2014 10:16:44 PM
celticpride6 posted...
Water starters are a turtle, frog, gator, mid fish, penguin and an otter. That can only mean one thing is going through GF head when making Water type starters: Florida. Surprised Lotad wasn't a starter.

Where in Florida are you finding wild penguins?? Tell me so I can catch one and keep it as a pet!!

In relation to the topic, if the zodiac theory is true then my only thoughts are that there better be a Chinese New Year style Fire/Dragon
---
3DS FC: 0576-4788-0587
#23RPninesixfourPosted 8/16/2014 10:24:49 PM(edited)
Yukure posted...
Well, Cyndaquil is stated as "Fire Mouse Pokemon" in the pokedex.

If this "trend" continues, I want a sheep with a flaming wool

Cyndaquil isn't really a mouse, just like how Zangoose isn't really a "cat ferret."

It's just poor translations at work.
---
http://goo.gl/hVmgSE | http://i.imgur.com/FZdH5LL.jpg
"fun is a buzzword for people whose games are bad competitively"
#24iKhanicPosted 8/16/2014 10:43:13 PM(edited)
Yukure posted...

It's a quirk in the translation.

Anyway, nothing in the evolutionary line is a rodent.

Cyndaquil is an Echidna, a monotreme
Quilava is a weasel or stoat, a mustelid and carnivore (as in the Order Carnivora)
Typhlosion is a honey badger, another mustelid and carnivore.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#25zelionxPosted 8/17/2014 12:30:54 AM
ShinyTepig posted...
Sid_Starkiller posted...
Nuzlink posted...
Blue's Raticate

That one's stupid, too. The key (well, only) piece of evidence is what Blue says at the Pokemon Tower fight. Clearly no one who believes this theory went and checked what he said. Courtesy of Bulbapedia:

- Before battle

"Hey, <player>! What brings you here? Your Pokémon don't look dead! I can at least make them faint! Let's go, pal!"

- After being defeated

"How's your Pokédex coming, pal? I just caught a Cubone! I can't find the grown-up Marowak yet! I doubt there are any left! Well I better get going! I've got a lot to accomplish, pal! Smell ya later!"

There you have it, folks. He was in the tower looking for Cubone and Marowak, ran across you and left. And he boxed Raticate because it sucks.

The raticate theory is also debunked and thrown into the disposal if you skip the S.S Anne entirely.

And about the zodia thing, I'm going to wait until gen 7 to see if it's plausible or not...

Pretty sure SS Anne is unskippable without using glitches (it's required to get to route 9)
---
http://i.imgur.com/oGQsK2D.png
#26TropiOUsPosted 8/17/2014 12:31:38 AM
zelionx posted...
ShinyTepig posted...
Sid_Starkiller posted...
Nuzlink posted...
Blue's Raticate

- Before battle

- After being defeated

Pretty sure SS Anne is unskippable without using glitches (it's required to get to route 9)

just trade a mon with cut from another game
---
Pokemon X board overlord. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif http://i.imgur.com/FZdH5LL.jpg http://puu.sh/aVeUB.jpg
#27YukurePosted 8/17/2014 5:45:41 AM
RPninesixfour posted...
Yukure posted...

Cyndaquil isn't really a mouse, just like how Zangoose isn't really a "cat ferret."

It's just poor translations at work.

iKhanic posted...
Yukure posted...

It's a quirk in the translation.

Anyway, nothing in the evolutionary line is a rodent.

Cyndaquil is an Echidna, a monotreme
Quilava is a weasel or stoat, a mustelid and carnivore (as in the Order Carnivora)
Typhlosion is a honey badger, another mustelid and carnivore.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the information
---
FC: 4699-5996-9265 | Bug: Combee, Beautifly, Venomoth
SSB4 Possible Mains: Megaman, Greninja, Meta Knight
#28DukeGogoatPosted 8/17/2014 6:58:06 AM
If you're unfamiliar with what this word means, consult your friendly dictionary. Or jump off a cliff.

I like your style.
---
If bright colours and a sense of fun make you afraid that something is childish, then the biggest child around is you.