This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still can't crack Maison Super Doubles

#1VivisqeqPosted 8/14/2014 5:41:43 PM
I've tried Fake Out, Follow Me and Trick Room teams, still end up stuck.
---
STFC
3DS friend code
- 3823 - 8906 - 0003
#2MrPototoPosted 8/14/2014 5:51:49 PM
I always go with overwhelming force and it works out pretty well. Gimmicky teams have never worked out for me as one slip up ruins everything. There are too many points where it can go wrong.

Recently I've been using a combination of Mega Charizard Y and Garchomp. Charizard's Heat Wave with the STAB and sunny weather boost is lethal. I have a Choice Specs Togekiss and a Metagross in reserves.
---
"Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather."
3DS FC: 4184-2151-1414. Jari Maenpaa. Revive Puzzle Pirates!
#3Natwaf_akidnaPosted 8/14/2014 5:56:32 PM
I used the FEARon strategy, and it worked out great. Not as well as in Triples, but still messes with the AI enough.
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#4ftbplyr981Posted 8/14/2014 5:59:07 PM
Natwaf_akidna posted...
I used the FEARon strategy, and it worked out great. Not as well as in Triples, but still messes with the AI enough.

what is the FEARon Strategy?
---
Official MegaInfernape of the Pokemon X/Y and ORAS Boards
(Been waiting since before X/Y) FC 1289 8213 9262 Safari-Psychic Duosion Wobuffet Munna
#5ThornAernoughtPosted 8/14/2014 6:00:45 PM
It's using FEAR and Aron. At any rate, have you tied char-y plus venusaur? Could even use those pledge moves.
---
"It's a f***ing chaos snake, Glove!"
#6OctazPosted 8/14/2014 6:02:14 PM
Are you just trying for 50 or going for a huge streak? I didn't have any trouble brute forcing my way up to 50 wins, I just brought the four most broken things in my box and it managed to turn out alright. Mega Kangaskhan, Aegislash, Thundurus...I'm pretty sure the last was a Belly Drum Azumarill, you know, the idea was that Kangaskhan would Fake Out one Pokemon so Azumarill had the chance to Belly Drum. After I got to 50 I found out that I'd used a reset bag on the Thundurus and it had no evs. So yeah 50 wins isn't the most strenuous challenge

no clue about getting big streaks though, I've just been farming triples when I need bp
---
http://i.imgur.com/0hvN8AZ.gif
IGN: Dee FC: 1349-5268-6092. Electric Safari: Electrode, Pikachu, Galvantula
#7ThornAernoughtPosted 8/14/2014 6:02:26 PM
Although, if you're going for full offensive, beware the FEAR sceptile.
---
"It's a f***ing chaos snake, Glove!"
#8gamemaster712Posted 8/14/2014 6:20:00 PM(edited)
Zard Y and ha saur to wipe floor mostly.

Copied this from a Buddy:

This is a doubles team.

Charizard - Timid - Drought - Charizardite Y - 252 SPA/252 SPE/6 HP
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Solar Beam
Protect

Typhlosion - Timid - Blaze - Choice Scarf - 252 SPA/252 SPE/6 HP
Eruption
Extrasensory
Solar Beam
Focus Blast

Venusaur - Modest - Chlorophyll - Black Sludge - 252 HP/252 SPA/6 SPE
Giga Drain
Hidden Power Fire
Sludge Bomb
Protect

Dragonite - Adamant - Multiscale - Weakness Policy - 252 ATK/252 SPE/6 HP
Dragon Dance
Extreme Speed
Outrage
Earthquake

Wipes almost every Maison team in 3-4 turns or less.

Mega evolve Charizard Y, use Heat Wave then have Typhlosion use Eruption. This usually obliterate both pokemon on the field 80% of the time. Scarfed Typhlosion outspeeds everything in Maison that doesn't have priority.

If there's any troublesome speedy Rock pokemon with Rock slide or Stone Edge like Terrakion or Aerodactyl, Venusaur can come in to clean them up with Giga Drain. Dragonite is a late game bulky sweeper that can set up at least 1 Dragon Dance before dying. Veteran trainers or the Chantelaines are not even a problem with this team at all.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/GE PR/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#9The Fir CoatPosted 8/14/2014 6:14:29 PM
Use Greninja.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#10Natwaf_akidnaPosted 8/14/2014 6:21:04 PM
FEARon takes advantage of the AI's ability of knowing exactly which pokemon it can OHKO... but it doesn't take into account Sturdy. So the AI will, most of the time, ignore FEARon's partner and try to kill the thing. Of course, you might run into somebody that can OHKO your partner pokemon (in which case it's a coinflip which it targets), or has a spread move like Earthquake, or using non-damaging moves.

The FEARon build I used:

LEVEL 1 Aron
Used in Triples and Doubles
Any Nature
Berry Juice
Sturdy
Protect
Endeavor
Swagger/Double Team/Toxic
Toxic/Double Team/Swagger
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification