This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to get different Vivillon patterns if I change my 3DS' region?

#1Turbo_TRexPosted 8/14/2014 6:47:04 PM
Topic.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#2rojsePosted 8/14/2014 6:49:08 PM
I quote myself:

The "How Do I Set My Vivillon Pattern" Post

Vivillon types are decided by your profile location as it is set when you first start your game. Changing your location once you have started your game will not influence what Vivillon you receive. You will have to start a new game if you wish to change your default in-game pattern.

If you wish to start a new game to obtain your own Vivillon type (or have a spare cartridge for Pokemon X/Y you don't mind deleting), you can change your profile location to obtain various Vivillon forms, as listed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AnK7UlEL3WjddGw5REdFOV9CWWZ6MFpkRHZxSG5qa0E&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Region-Exclusive Monsoon Patterns:

Australia/European/Asian/African users have access Tundra, Garden, Monsoon, Meadow, River, and Elegant Vivillon, which are not available to American users. America users can set their DS to have the Modern, Ocean and Savannah Vivillon pattern, which is not available to the first set of locations.

As far as members of the thread are aware, changing your profile location to obtain different Vivillon forms, and later changing it back to your original location will have no detrimental effect on your 3DS console, excepting that you will have to once again agree to Nintendo's internet usage policies before going online with your console.

---
upload:ok
#3Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 4:32:34 PM
rojse posted...
Australia/European/Asian/African users have access Tundra, Garden, Monsoon, Meadow, River, and Elegant Vivillon, which are not available to American users. America users can set their DS to have the Modern, Ocean and Savannah Vivillon pattern, which is not available to the first set of locations.

So are you saying that even if I were to change my region there are some regions (and therefore Patterns) that I can't get using my NA 3DS? That sucks. I'm still missing 8 patterns, Tundra, Monsoon, and River amongst them.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#4rojsePosted 8/16/2014 4:11:45 AM
Turbo_TRex posted...
rojse posted...

So are you saying that even if I were to change my region there are some regions (and therefore Patterns) that I can't get using my NA 3DS? That sucks. I'm still missing 8 patterns, Tundra, Monsoon, and River amongst them.

1) Some patterns you can't get on your console, yes.
2) You'll have to trade for them. How you go about getting them depends on how much you care about whether your Vivillon has your own OTID on it (if you care, you're going to need eggs).
---
MissJocelyn goes on adventure, stuff happens: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more? Send me a PM.
#5-Unowninator-Posted 8/17/2014 12:11:04 PM
If you have Powersave, you can backup your save data, and start a new game to get a new Vivillon pattern.
---
''A good way to keep healthy is to eat more Chinese food.'' ~a fortune cookie
Sign my petition to allow more PMs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-/68039387