This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If a Pokemon is banned from Ubers, doesn't that mean they're banned from bans?

#1OrangeCrush980Posted 8/15/2014 7:40:44 AM
And thus a Pokemon banned from the Ubers banlist can no longer be banned from anything, and is usable in any tier. That's the only way this could make sense, since why ban something from a banlist otherwise?
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Xtvv3Y.png
#2RandysRagePosted 8/15/2014 7:51:25 AM
If you're talking about Smug-on banning Mega Gengar from Ubers, just ignore it. They'll be banning most other Megas to Ubers eventually, so just leave them be like any sensible person should.
---
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/793/534/a6f.gif
3DS FC: 0533-5397-9843. IGN: Randall Friend Safari: Cascoon, Muk, Ariados
#3Latias007Posted 8/15/2014 7:55:30 AM(edited)
It is not unreasonable to ban a specific strategy from all formats due to being uncompetitive, including a banlist. An example is funbro.
---
Official Sim and Dex mod of PokeBattle (Ketchi).
The 60th best player worldwide as of Doubles Season 1. PM me anytime for a challenge, best out of 3 matches.
#4Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/15/2014 7:55:03 AM
RandysRage posted...
They'll be banning most other Megas to Ubers eventually

If you believe this, then you are dumb
---
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
Not changing this signature until Blaze the Cat is playable in another Sonic game.
#5RandysRagePosted 8/15/2014 8:01:32 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
RandysRage posted...
They'll be banning most other Megas to Ubers eventually

If you believe this, then you are dumb

Dude, look at how many Megas they've "banned" so far and how many more they're gunning for next. I've always known that Game Freak would introduce a mechanic so unbalanced that Smug-on couldn't handle it, and it finally came. With the sheer amount of Mega Evolutions they introduce with each new batch of games, I'm positive that at some point they'll lift the restriction of "one Mega used per battle", further disrupting Smug-on's precious metagame. Hell, if they eventually put a blanket ban on ALL Megas, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
---
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/793/534/a6f.gif
3DS FC: 0533-5397-9843. IGN: Randall Friend Safari: Cascoon, Muk, Ariados
#6warriorman222Posted 8/15/2014 1:15:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7warriorman222Posted 8/15/2014 1:17:11 PM
Latias007 posted...
It is not unreasonable to ban a specific strategy from all formats due to being uncompetitive, including a banlist. An example is funbro.

Yeah, is Mega-Gar Uncompetetive simply cause of his ability? there is Gothitelle and Wobbufet, and they are not only not being banned from Ubers, they kinda suck too.
---
Pokemon Y: 3866-8698-4754: water: Octillery, Quagsire, Frogadier. GT:CaTaClYsM. When you add me, PM me so i add back. http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png
#8skittywinsalotPosted 8/16/2014 3:44:53 PM
warriorman222 posted...
Latias007 posted...

Yeah, is Mega-Gar Uncompetetive simply cause of his ability? there is Gothitelle and Wobbufet, and they are not only not being banned from Ubers, they kinda suck too.

plus there was shadow tag chandulere in uu, FREAKING UU!?!?!? if mega gengar was banned for his ability i will never play showdown untill september
---
All i need now is mega typhlosion, plus the one after the national dex could be holding a stone so theres a chance
#9FinalInsanityPosted 8/16/2014 3:49:06 PM
skittywinsalot posted...
plus there was shadow tag chandulere in uu, FREAKING UU!?

you do realize Shadow Tag was never released for Chandelure in gen 5 and was then changed to Infiltrator in Gen 6, right?
#10JarickoPosted 8/16/2014 3:51:17 PM
skittywinsalot posted...
warriorman222 posted...
Latias007 posted...

plus there was shadow tag chandulere in uu, FREAKING UU!?!?!? if mega gengar was banned for his ability i will never play showdown untill september

Last i checked Shadow Tag was banned in UU so...
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "