This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some question about IV breeding.

#1PASTYLICKER69Posted 8/15/2014 2:50:55 PM
So, I`ve read a lot of boards and guides on IV stuff, but I still have 2 questions:
1)I have a lucario with perfect HP, attack and speed, and a (japanese) ditto with perfect sp.atk and sp.def, I give lucario an everstone (hes adamant which is the nature I want) and ditto a destiny knot, is an adamant riolu with perfect Hp, attack, sp.attack, sp.defense and speed possible? If not, is there anything I can do to make this a possibiltiy.

2) My hope is to have a 5 perfect iv team made up of aggron, lucario, darmanitan, espeon, audino and aegislash. Ive already got a riolu, as mentioned above, and I have a perfect 6 iv level 100 darmanitan, a japanese ditto with perfect sp.def and sp.atk, but unfortunatley no access to more friend safari ditto. Also there is the fact that all baby pokemon caught in the wild have a guaranteed 3 perfect ivs. So through breeding different egg groups can I reach my 5 iv target on all pokemon except aegislash.

If you don`t understand question 2, here is a link that may explain non ditto iv breeding a bit better
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67778025
---
PASTYLICKER69
#2Lonta_Beans3Posted 8/15/2014 3:46:22 PM
1. No
2. No, and that team is bad.
---
http://youtu.be/cXq11ESuYlE | http://i.imgur.com/91dlmzN.jpg <3
YOU WANT EAR AIDES? https://www.youtube.com/user/LontaBeans
#3terrancejonesPosted 8/15/2014 4:23:21 PM
The ditto with Destiny Knot will carry 5 of its stats into consideration, instead of the usual 3.

It's probably best to get more dittos with perfect stats, from a friend safari down the line, so that you can give the ditto the everstone as well. That way, you can start breeding for more and more perfect riolu, and go on from there. Of course, keeping the Everstone on the riolu or ditto to keep the nature you want, you'll eventually rotate out dittos and riolus as you get more and more stats built up.

Also, if any of hte pokemon are compatible with your perfect pokemon IV, consider using him instead of ditto if you can. And again, building up better and better IV mates for the pokemon you want.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5327-0996-6757 Water FS: Panpour, Quagsire, Frogadier
#4KeybladerhuyPosted 8/15/2014 4:33:17 PM
It's perfectly possible. The destiny knot item will let you pass on 5 IV stats of either parents. So there is a chance that it will pass the HP, atk and speed from your Adamant Lucario, and Sp. Def and Sp. Atk from the Ditto.

Generally, it's best to try and get pokemon parents with the highest IV's possible. If you get Lucario's with better IV's, the chance that you get a better Riolu is also bigger. You can use the pokemon for breeding purposes with other pokemon. For example, if you have a male bulbasaur with 5 perfect IV stats, you can use that to breed with a female Charmander to get a well-bred Charmander with good IV's.

Lucario and Riolu are a bit of a difficult case, because Riolu is classified as Baby pokemon and therefore unable to breed. You'll have to train it to Lucario to let it breed again.
---
FC: 2251-4563-1953
IGN: Quy, TSV 1279
#5terrancejonesPosted 8/15/2014 4:41:56 PM
Oh wow, didn't know the destiny knot did that...

I suppose it's a good thing that there's a berry patch nearby then, on that note. Dropping EV stats won't matter on a pokemon with none, and will make them happier to boot!

Totally forgot that Riolu was a baby pokemon, sorry about that!
---
3DS Friend Code: 5327-0996-6757 Water FS: Panpour, Quagsire, Frogadier
#6PASTYLICKER69(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 4:19:42 AM
Lonta_Beans3 posted...
1. No

Thank you that was so very, very helpful.
---
PASTYLICKER69
#7PASTYLICKER69(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 4:21:44 AM
Anyway, thanks to everyone who gave an answer more than 7 words long. Unfortunatley I forgot to save my game so when my ds ran out of charge I lost the riolu ):
---
PASTYLICKER69
#8jamstaere08Posted 8/16/2014 4:26:38 AM(edited)
PASTYLICKER69 posted...
Lonta_Beans3 posted...
1. No

Thank you that was so very, very helpful.

lonta's trolling obviously, but your team's got a serious weakness to fighting, fire and ground

e: dark and ghost also, but not as severely as the other three aforementioned types
---
#bellsprout
#9ElNurglingPosted 8/16/2014 4:26:58 AM
If that 6IV Darmanitan is a male, let him frolick around in the Day Care with the first female Riolu you hatch (after evolving her into a Lucario of course). Replace the female lucario with any subsequent daughter that has better IVs than the mother. That will make it a lot easier to get a 5/6 IV Riolu than by letting some 3IV lucario make love to a 2IV ditto and praying for the destiny knot to choose and pass down the five perfect stats.
---
3DS FC 4511-0567-3041 (Boldore, Magcargo, Rhydon)
Martijn - inofficial pesky Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes