This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with in game team :)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Help with in game team :)
1 year ago#1
Hey guys. So I'm not a newbie to the pokemon series and have played pokemon since Blue back in the day. But since then I've always had the same routine in each game: choose the fire starter, catch the first flying type I see, get a magikarp to evolve it, get a dragon type ASAP. But with X and Y I'm trying to break away from that routine and my team is currently:

Houndoom
Sliggoo
Lanturn
Glaceon
Sylveon
Honchkrow

I feel happy with this team currently(at the second gym and had been grinding at the battle chateau) but not sure how it will go for the rest of the game, I'm open to any suggestions you guys have to offer and I realise there's a lot of these topics on here but I need some expert assistance as I want to get into competitive battling down the track :)
1 year ago#2
Game is stupidly easy...catch 6 Sunkerns and you can still beat it...literally ANYTHING works
---
FC: 1435-5432-6684 IGN: Othello TSV: 1477
Blue blazes....I'm AWESOME.
1 year ago#3
Make sure your Glaceon has Hidden Power Psychic for Dark Types. Bet no one gets the reference.
---
"No more eternal than that radiance of yours."
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/DBZ_Freak21.png
1 year ago#4
you shouldnt really have much trouble with the ingame stuff, by the time i reached the elite 4 my entire team was 10 levels higher than even the elite four pokemon. my personal playstyle is to only use pokemon i havent used before, and this time i did a gen 6 only pokemon run (broke that rule for charizard but it was a megazard x so technically it was new)

but i guess my comment on your team would be that your team is pretty high level for only being at the second gym, youre probably already way overleveled, i was 10 lvls overleveled and i never (and still havent) fought more than 2 battles in the chateau, are they still obeying you?

but im not really sure how much you already know. if youre getting into competitive you should learn about, in order of most to least importance:
which stats are best for a pokemon to use
Effort Values (what the pokemon is trained for)
natures
Individual Values (genetic perfection)
hidden power calculations

and Finalxemnas, you mean that eeveelution team that used psychic up until the point it would be useful and then never again?
---
FC: 2122-6099-9489 IGN: Evan
1 year ago#5
Quote:Make sure your Glaceon has Hidden Power Psychic for Dark Types. Bet no one gets the reference.
@FinalXemnas
Yes. No one gets the reference towards a thread posted 3 hours ago.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.16
1 year ago#6
No problems thanks for that, they are all round level 35-39 with the exception of Sliggoo and sylveon being level 45, the only one who fully listens is sylveon as she is the only pokemon in my team that I caught, everyone else was through trade, not sure why I haven't progressed through the game much, found a couple of audino trainers in the chateau though so kept training and training, I do still have a level 45 Delphox and blastoise in my PC just in case
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Help with in game team :)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived