This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Instead of introducing one-dimensional characters every region in the anime...

#1ReaccuringExtraPosted 8/16/2014 10:40:34 AM
How about Serena gets some actual character, stays with ash and we get a *gasp* boy as the once-a-region. Anything just to mix it up a bit. I'm so tired of the anime being so predicable, and it being for 7-year olds is not a good excuse.
---
RIP in this sig: Origins reference, SPM reference, Jim Sterling quote, and other random stuff.
Join the Pantheons RP on Emerald social!
#2Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/16/2014 10:41:52 AM
It being an advertisement is an excuse, however.

The anime's purpose is advertise games and merchandise to kids.
---
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
Not changing this signature until Blaze the Cat is playable in another Sonic game.
#3ReaccuringExtra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 10:43:01 AM
Oh true. But they could at least make it a good advertisement. I've seen car insurance ads with a more engrossing plot line than this.
---
RIP in this sig: Origins reference, SPM reference, Jim Sterling quote, and other random stuff.
#4Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/16/2014 10:45:46 AM
That's irrelevant.

The goal of anyone trying to make money should be maximum profit for minimal effort.

The anime in its current form is still making tons of money, so there is no point in changing it.
---
Not changing this signature until Blaze the Cat is playable in another Sonic game.
#5DarkKirby2500Posted 8/16/2014 10:52:53 AM
Serena's entire shtick being her having a crush on a moron who will never notice is extremely tiring. They really need to give her a reason to be around OTHER than that. It's pathetic.

Yes many people have requested Ash be replaced with a new character each season but they are not going to because writing a plot for idiot heroes is easy.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#6Rad_DudesmanPosted 8/16/2014 11:17:34 AM(edited)
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Serena's entire shtick being her having a crush on a moron who will never notice is extremely tiring. They really need to give her a reason to be around OTHER than that. It's pathetic.

Yes many people have requested Ash be replaced with a new character each season but they are not going to because writing a plot for idiot heroes is easy.

It's not Ash that can't be replaced. It's Pikachu, due to Pikachu being the mascot.

Pikachu is the real star. Having every trainer start with a Pikachu would be contrived as hell, so they just stick with Ash.
---
#7GGuitarGuy95Posted 8/16/2014 11:23:22 AM
ReaccuringExtra posted...
Oh true. But they could at least make it a good advertisement. I've seen car insurance ads with a more engrossing plot line than this.

Lol, yeah I agree with u. I believe everything went downhill when Pokemon bw season started. Iris is the worst female lead. Cilan is terrible Brock replacement, those food puns tho... Anyway, back to Iris, she literally
serves no purpose. Trip is the worst rival yet. Many of the characters aren't worth remembering. I personally think that Bianca should of replaced Iris. It's beyond me why they broke the cycle of choosing rival female character/friend and picked Iris.
#8ReaccuringExtra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 11:27:25 AM
Well, hopefully the people that are giving Gamefreak millions of dollars will notice how little effort is put into it and demand something better. Honestly, this could go for all of nintendo or even the entire industry. IMO, we need another crash of 1983.
---
#9wwwgippal2Posted 8/16/2014 11:30:31 AM
I miss season 1's epicness
---
"HOW BIG WERE HER FEET?!" Samwell Tarly
#10HabefietPosted 8/16/2014 11:30:58 AM
ReaccuringExtra posted...
How about Serena gets some actual character, stays with ash and we get a *gasp* boy as the once-a-region. Anything just to mix it up a bit. I'm so tired of the anime being so predicable, and it being for 7-year olds is not a good excuse.

It's a great excuse.