This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Instead of introducing one-dimensional characters every region in the anime...

#51lolsophia7Posted 8/18/2014 7:39:14 AM
Thestig0 posted...
I have to admit, Serena needs character development badly, and by character development, I mean she actually needs to catch some damn Pokémon.

Feminists are probably having a field day criticising her character, especially with how focused the romance aspect is this time around...

I hated Femenists.
---
My heart beats like the saddest Metronome...
#52LexifoxPosted 8/18/2014 7:43:14 AM
_Data_Drain_ posted...
Sadly, that won't happen. Why? Because I believe the show's creator actually said something along the lines of the girl characters being eye candy for young boys, and that they need new eye candy every now and then....

But then again, perhaps I heard this wrong. I HOPE I did. But eh, someone feel free to correct me on this.

Someone on the show did say that.

Still, putting aside that comment, it's not really why the characters are one-dimensional. Serena is just a badly written character because she's flat and bland and hasn't really grown yet. Dawn is a fine example of a character who was used for occasional fanservice but still written well and given development.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#53Kaguya_KimimaroPosted 8/18/2014 8:05:05 AM
I agree Serena NEEDS to do something, For some reason I expected more from her, I expected her to be a good trainer, but No, we just get a cook out of her who OCCASIONALLY uses Fennekin for something, which is another thing that irritates me, as I really like Fennekin and it's line.

Come on Serena, Get better, Train and maybe evolve Fennekin, catch more Pokemon, SOMETHING good, other than being all fangirl-crush to Ash.....
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/TwilightGundam01.png
Alyn is a Rip-Off of Mimi+Kotori: http://i.imgur.com/0YKgp04.png <-****ing, Proof, Get original CH -_-.