This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding trick for shiny or IVs?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding trick for shiny or IVs?
1 year ago#1
I have copied and pasted a post from another poster on the trading board. But I have a question, please:

__________START QUOTE__________________________

Step 1. Get two magikarps, one from a different region (you will need the Masuda Method). IV spread doesn't matter.
Step 2. Check the IVs of the two magikarps by going to the Battle Test in Lumiose City. Write down the stats for the male and the female
Step 3. Breed for the egg. Deny the egg.
Step 4. Save (this is where your time machine restarts to)
Step 5. Breed for another egg. Accept it. Hatch it. Do not take any other eggs. Only hatch the egg you accepted.
Step 6. Check to see if it is shiny. If it is not, soft reset and go back to Step 2.

Step 7. If the magikarp is shiny (DO NOT SAVE), check out it's stats and ability (if you had the female have Rattled). Go to the battle institute and check the stats of the shiny magikarp and refer back to which IVs it inherited from the parent.
Step 8. Now that you know the IVs and the ability, soft reset the game (I know it's scary to reset on a shiny, but trust me, this is the way to do it)
Step 9. You should have reset the game to before you breed for the egg. Essentially, this next egg is going to be shiny. So withdraw the magikarps from the daycare Lady and substitute the appropriate pokemon you want with the correct IVs you want from the parent. They must be from different regions. Dittos will work.
Step 10. Breed for the egg, accept it, and hatch it. The pokemon should be a shiny.

_________________END QUOTE______________________

I went to the Battle building in Lumiose City and all I saw there was 2 people and the worker. The 2 people didn't do anything but talk and the worker makes you fight battles. I fought a round of 5 battles and that's it. So, why go to the battle maison in Lumiose?

Also, the guy in the pokecenter that checks your IVs doesn't say anything about specific numbers (except I know the phrase he says when the IV is perfect).

My question is, does this make sense? If so, to whom am I supposed to talk and/or what am I supposed to do to check the stats of the make and female before breeding?

Thanks--
---
FC--pokemon X: 3969-6106-1139-----IGN: Robbie
Dragon type: Druddigon, Dragonair and Fraxure -----TSV: 2585
1 year ago#2
Battle test in Lumiose puts your pokemon at level 50 allowing you to calculate IVs with an IV checker.
---
3DS FC: 1907-8581-4094
XBox Live Gamertag: John41617
1 year ago#3
You know the Lumiose Battle Institute levels your pokes to Lv50, right? Then you use the Check Stats option when looking over your party pokes to check their Lv50 stats, with which to use an IV calculator with, like serebii's or metalkid's?

And the IV judge only does what you said he did. Tells your average IV total and your highest/31's/0's.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire [Fire FS: Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen]
The true Triple-Completionist of the Denpa Men series! Mad respect!
1 year ago#4
OK. So, when I am sorting through my pokemon to see which ones I want to use in battle (and of course these should be the ones I want to breed with), I write down their stats at level 50 then check them somewhere else?

But the baby in the egg will be at level 1. I then must take the baby to the battle station to see what its stats are at 50 in order to ascertain which stat it inherited from what parent? Is that right?
---
1 year ago#5
rmac5 posted...
OK. So, when I am sorting through my pokemon to see which ones I want to use in battle (and of course these should be the ones I want to breed with), I write down their stats at level 50 then check them somewhere else?

But the baby in the egg will be at level 1. I then must take the baby to the battle station to see what its stats are at 50 in order to ascertain which stat it inherited from what parent? Is that right?

See above, last questions, I hope, I think. Thanks, y'all.
---
1 year ago#6
It's a little confusing if you're not used to breeding.

I would suggest searching for a 6IV Ditto and a 6IV Magikarp/Gyarados. Hatch their egg, fly to the IV checker in Kiloude and you will easily see what stat is not inherited.
---
You have as little life as Phoenix and Seth.
1 year ago#7
This seems fairly complex. I wish I could help you, but I don't understand the whole breeding method for IVs.
1 year ago#8
10 months late.
---
1607-2774-2631
IGN: ShangRieLa ---- TSV: 3134
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding trick for shiny or IVs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived