This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it plausible to get legendaries on GTS?

#1RaroiaPosted 8/16/2014 3:30:07 PM
Is there anything I can trade (that isn't a legendary) that might be able to realistically fetch a legendary in return? I don't want to rip anyone off, but the only legendaries I have that I even could trade right now would be xerneas. I want to ideally collect each of them at least for pokedex purposes.

So are there any pokemon I can breed or find in game that I can put up and hope to get a legendary from or is that pretty much never going to happen? Is there any better way to collect legendaries?
---
Official Waluigi of Smash 4 Wii U Boards
#2RavingSwoobatPosted 8/16/2014 3:32:16 PM
You might be able to. Having something not from the Kalos dex or a shiny will net you some trades.
#3EmpirorPosted 8/16/2014 3:32:48 PM
In most cases you've gotta do Legend for Legend. However, sometimes people ask for something random on the GTS that's manageable (like something really high level.)
---
3DS FC: 3566-1589-3105 I have Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus among other PVP games
http://imonfireproductions.com/ (Personal website)
#4VorpalAxeManPosted 8/16/2014 3:37:14 PM
I've found that if you have a pokemon that evolves when traded holding a specific item you can usually get a legend for it. For example, last night I stuck a breedject Feebas holding a prism scale on GTS asking for a Palkia. Got it the next morning. I've also gotten multiple Suicune/Raikou/Entei for Electabuzz holding electerizers. Hope this helps.
---
Abba Zabba, you my only friend.