This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Powder is actually a really great support move in doubles

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Powder is actually a really great support move in doubles
1 year ago#1
A really awesome partner for Scizor (Mega) and allows him to set up Swords Dance easily if you know the opponent has any fire moves.
I've been having fun with this move and people don't even seem to realize what it even does.
Plus, dat Priority.
---
Official Tobi of all Naruto boards- "I'll show you the truth!!"
--Sazh > Tobi > everything else > Yuji Kaido--
1 year ago#2
I didn't know it had priority until just now...

I see how it could be useful with all the MegaZard Y leads using heat wave/ Rotom-H with overheat. it still seems situational though

Issues that come to mind at a glance though (assuming youre running focus sash):
-pranksters shut it down with taunt
-fake out users will break sash and then kill
-venusaur/ amoongus are immune to both powder and sleep powder. furthermore theyll both easily survive hurricanes. amoongus also has rage powder (which has more priority) to redirect moves to him
-talonflame will prefer brave bird, outspeeding priority powder

vivillons frail so make sure you bring proper team support! but since you mentioned the priority thing I know just the friend I want to troll with this.... >:) (even though itll only be a one trick pony with him)
---
3DS FC: 0576-4788-0587
1 year ago#3
wait which sort of powder do you mean
i'm assuming rage powder, and if so, this is hardly ground-breaking

e: just looked up the move powder, i had no idea that existed
---
#bellsprout
1 year ago#4
I have an old VGC battle against an opponent who used Powder to pretty good effect - I had to look up what the move did after the first time he used it. It was a pretty high-rated opponent too - he was in the 1700's, and top 10 in Korea I believe.

TNVW-WWWW-WWW7-9NRF
---
3DS FC: 3566-1636-1292
Friend Safari: Togepi, Jigglypuff, Floette
1 year ago#5
jamstaere08 posted...

no there's actually a move called powder
---
3DS FC: 1564-3580-7099
http://i.imgur.com/w1CUKg8.jpg
1 year ago#6
KyrieIrving posted...
jamstaere08 posted...

no there's actually a move called powder

see my edit
---
#bellsprout
1 year ago#7
Un0rthad0Xx posted...
I didn't know it had priority until just now...

I see how it could be useful with all the MegaZard Y leads using heat wave/ Rotom-H with overheat. it still seems situational though

Issues that come to mind at a glance though (assuming youre running focus sash):
-pranksters shut it down with taunt
-fake out users will break sash and then kill
-venusaur/ amoongus are immune to both powder and sleep powder. furthermore theyll both easily survive hurricanes. amoongus also has rage powder (which has more priority) to redirect moves to him
-talonflame will prefer brave bird, outspeeding priority powder

vivillons frail so make sure you bring proper team support! but since you mentioned the priority thing I know just the friend I want to troll with this.... >:) (even though itll only be a one trick pony with him)

Yes, team scouting can be required at times. I don't run Sash on Viv, but if they have obvious Fake Out leads/Pranksters then I make sure to take care of them first. Also, after a Quiver Dance my Viv becomes a lethal weapon. Compound Eyes makes her Hurricane and Sleep Powder more reliable, and Powder manages to put a halt on any types that are hoping to get a sneaky Fire move off.

It works perfectly against the Zards, and plenty of other Fire types due to the types lack of priority. Even better, it completely shuts down anyone that wants to Will o Wisp Scizor, allowing a very, very simple Swords Dance.

I have yet to climb the ladder as high as I want to go, but I find that people seem completely unaware of this move which just works in my favor.
---
1 year ago#8
Its not terrible but its really predictable if you know the move exists.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
1 year ago#9
Jaricko posted...
Its not terrible but its really predictable if you know the move exists.

The fact that majority of people don't know about it's existence, yet alone expect it in an actual moveset, means it does pretty well.
---
1 year ago#10
I had this HELLA invigorating battle once. Was going on with my mono bug team, of all things I fought a mono fire team. Powder got me through the first set of dangers, it actually ended up at a one versus one, I lost because my mind slipped and decided not to use feint on pinsir for some stupid reason lol

ZFRW WWWW WWW7 M4GZ
---
Teach me, boobie lady! ~ http://i.imgur.com/pdoQGGd.gif
http://i.imgur.com/IVgrFxm.gif ~ http://i.imgur.com/PBJZAxU.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Powder is actually a really great support move in doubles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived