This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Powder is actually a really great support move in doubles

#11ClassyOldHatPosted 8/18/2014 4:31:52 AM
Wait, so Powder forces users of fire type moves to attack the one using Powder, like Follow Me? Perhaps if that had been explained in-game, the move might have seen more use.
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848 IGN: Zach
#12acerola-orionPosted 8/18/2014 4:39:25 AM
powder blocks fire moves while dealing untyped damage

its lack of usage has less to do with the move itself, but the fact that it has one user who isn't very good
---
Now playing: akiba strip
3DS: 3368 1853 6355 | Pokemon X: Lily
#13legendriderPosted 8/18/2014 4:49:50 AM
Powder is very useful

I team my Vivillon with my Scizor. Should I suspect a fire type move, powder the Pokemon and they take damage.

Though situational, the damage it causes is rather significant, I guess. (Like 1/8 maybe? I dunno)

It's got priority, and should the powdered Pokemon use a fire type move, it takes damage instead.

Saved my hide quite a few times
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy. Kyogre Cascade
#14Moe_Lester_13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 3:46:48 PM
legendrider posted...
Powder is very useful

I team my Vivillon with my Scizor. Should I suspect a fire type move, powder the Pokemon and they take damage.

Though situational, the damage it causes is rather significant, I guess. (Like 1/8 maybe? I dunno)

It's got priority, and should the powdered Pokemon use a fire type move, it takes damage instead.

Saved my hide quite a few times

They take 25% damage, and their move is negated for that turn. Also, Viv isnt bad. Compound Eyes Sleep Powder/Hurricane is awesome, and she gets Quiver Dance so she can really rack up damage. Plus, the utility of Powder is useful in doubles. It lets Scizor set up with ease. Mega Scizor after a Swords Dance is very dangerous.
---
Official Tobi of all Naruto boards- "I'll show you the truth!!"
--Sazh > Tobi > everything else > Yuji Kaido--