This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon VGC+TCG World Championships! Washington, DC - Aug 15-17 [stream] Part 2.

#81ut2k3Posted 8/17/2014 4:02:29 PM
Word. Standard Gardyacerola-orion posted...
Gardevoir surviving Bullet Punch isn't uncommon in VGC as they generally all run bulky EV spreads. One of the many reasons why Bullet Punch is not a good move on Lucario. I would be more surprised if it did OHKO.

Word. Standard Bulk Gardy is typically spec'd to live Banded Brave Birds, and Bullet punch does around 85% IIRC with that build. Lives non-LO scizor BP's too. To live an LO one you need hella investment and pos nature, IMO not worth it.
---
PM about my Pokemon Acquisition Services. See Bio for Details
#82HabefietPosted 8/17/2014 4:32:33 PM(edited)
Rat_a_tat posted...
That was beautiful, man.

What makes it even better was the VGC Tiers thread on Smogon that has Pachi at the lowest (non-Meowstic) tier. When people tried to argue that it should be higher because it actually did well in sims, they were shot down because a redirector 'Risu was "too gimmicky".

Maybe they forgot to compute the Korean factor.

That still means it's something they rate as viable with proper support doesn't it

IDK how their viability tiering works but AFAIK if they mention it at all that means they think it's workable

And again, I don't really see why people are trying to call out Smogon when absolutely everyone besides Se Jun himself was surprised by the Pachirisu
#83Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 8/18/2014 2:15:25 AM
Finally got back to my hotel. I had a ton of fun today. It's great to see Sejun finally take home a victory even if it did mean another friend of mine had to lose. I look forward to doing this again next year.
---
No amount of rallying would let me beat raytan7585.
Congrats to raytan7585 for winning the CB9 Guru Contest!
#84LightningAce11Posted 8/18/2014 2:17:02 AM
Team Rocket Elite posted...
Finally got back to my hotel. I had a ton of fun today. It's great to see Sejun finally take home a victory even if it did mean another friend of mine had to lose. I look forward to doing this again next year.

Dude, were you on a team? Did you meet cybertron?

What was your team?
---
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189
#85Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 8/18/2014 2:23:56 AM
I'm not on a team. Yes, I've met Cybertron a number of times.
---
#86LightningAce11Posted 8/18/2014 2:39:38 AM
Your pokemon team, I mean.
---
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
#87Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 8/18/2014 2:46:04 AM
I didn't qualify for the main tournament but in the last chance qualifier I used the R Justice's Rain Beatdown team. So my Pokemon were Politoed, Ludicolo, Kangaskhan, Hydreigon, Talonflame and Aegislash.
---
#88LightningAce11Posted 8/18/2014 2:48:53 AM
Ooh, rain team. I bet noivern would have fit with hurricane.
---