This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pachirisu still sucks

#81BlissedIgnorancPosted 8/17/2014 5:05:54 PM
Hawkeyes_Mihawk posted...
Rat_a_tat posted...
Pachi has only just become a champ... and is already popular enough to have haters.

I'm so proud. ;_;

But I don't hate it. Can't I state something without being flamed for it? :(

Not when you can't tell the difference between opinion and fact,
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#82SopherooPosted 8/17/2014 5:09:39 PM
RAcastBlaster posted...
Michael-Ike-9 posted...
May I please have a link for this pachirisu battle o.o" Must see et!

Put simply, the opponent had a Scarf TTar with Ice Punch and didn't use it to KO the Garchomp that it was staring at. Specially Bulky Pachi came in and ate up a Mence Draco Meteor and it was all crying from there.

It was a terrible misplay on the other guy's part, Pachi being there is more incidental than anything. Se Jun's victory had very little to do with Pachi; though it did certainly play its part, there are far better Follow Me pokemon (Togekiss comes to mind, though I suppose he already had a Fairy in Gardevoir).

Togekiss is not in Kalos dex, that's why.
#83Alpha218Posted 8/17/2014 5:20:01 PM
GShadowBroker posted...
Very disappointing finals.

Pretty much the opposite. Great finals.

Subjective

it wasn't mega kanga vs mega kanga so yeah it's better than others

also being one of the few legal follow me mons definitely helps its case, in addition to being one of the few lucky ones to get nuzzle (not affected by taunt)
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#84DarthStreakPosted 8/17/2014 5:38:49 PM
Dude this guy showed that Pachirisu could fill a particular role on his team. Just because Parchirisu can't be amazing on any team does not mean it sucks, and if it gets a mega evolution this will have nothing to do with it they are not just going to give it a mega because it was used in the world tournament.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4897-6261-9549
"My name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ass, I'm about taking names, and we're about making games" Reggie Fils-Aime
#85JarickoPosted 8/17/2014 6:09:46 PM
Sopheroo posted...
RAcastBlaster posted...
Michael-Ike-9 posted...

Put simply, the opponent had a Scarf TTar with Ice Punch and didn't use it to KO the Garchomp that it was staring at. Specially Bulky Pachi came in and ate up a Mence Draco Meteor and it was all crying from there.

It was a terrible misplay on the other guy's part, Pachi being there is more incidental than anything. Se Jun's victory had very little to do with Pachi; though it did certainly play its part, there are far better Follow Me pokemon (Togekiss comes to mind, though I suppose he already had a Fairy in Gardevoir).

Wartortle and Blastoise are. Eviolite Wartortle does have advantages over blastoise. There is also clefable.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#86Alpha218Posted 8/17/2014 6:14:30 PM
There is a reason why you see none of those though

Pachi is very anti-meta and can sustain off of electric spam, it gets a guaranteed untauntable paralyze (where speed is a very important stat paralysis can be very crippling) and super fang can really cut down the effectiveness of bulkier mons
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#87cyclonebrosPosted 8/17/2014 6:20:47 PM
Jaricko posted...
Sopheroo posted...
RAcastBlaster posted...
Michael-Ike-9 posted...

Wartortle and Blastoise are. Eviolite Wartortle does have advantages over blastoise. There is also clefable.

Clefable isn't in the Kalos Dex.
---
That's one huge f****** pepper
#88JarickoPosted 8/17/2014 6:27:01 PM
cyclonebros posted...
Jaricko posted...
Sopheroo posted...
RAcastBlaster posted...
Michael-Ike-9 posted...

Clefable isn't in the Kalos Dex.

Honestly hard to remember. Considering how you can actually run into it ingame. Anyhow previous 2 can work, they just do not have magic guard. Although its not as good for the job in this case for reasons previously mentioned by another poster.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#89DeitylightPosted 8/17/2014 8:28:52 PM(edited)
RAcastBlaster posted...
Michael-Ike-9 posted...

What other user of Follow me can half an opponent's health and can paralyze paralyze them 100% of the time?
---
FC:3840-5960-0959
Friend safari:Riolu, Machoke, and Pancham
#90Felix6464Posted 8/18/2014 6:59:50 PM
TropiOUs posted...
chrisp1200 posted...
Well, it's been proven today that it doesn't necessarily matter what stats a Pokemon have, it's how you use the Pokemon. Pachirisu was able to take a lot of attacks from much stronger Pokes and was still able to take them with ease. It played it's role brilliantly with Nuzzle and Follow Me and could even give decent damage with Hyper Fang. Se Jun Park just proved to us that there is no such thing as a "Bad Pokemon".

But obviously our opinions differ. I just wanted to express my opinion.

you are wrong
Farfetch'd is still bad\
Delibird is still bad
Watchog is still bad

Pachirisu is actually ok because it has an useful ability, a GOAT move (follow me) and is decently bulky after investment

U wot m8?
---
ElectricMole posted...
Yoshi's wooly world needs a trim or a bikini waxing.