This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone give me a run down on doubles?

#1Stanemac12Posted 8/17/2014 7:27:23 PM
I've played singles in a competitive environment for quite a while, but I've got almost no experience in doubles. I have no idea what kind of movesets are good for doubles, what kind of natures and spreads work and how they differ from singles equivalents. I'm curious about doubles and want to get into it and start playing but I don't really know much about what is effective in singles aside from that pokemon built for singles are awful in doubles.

Can anyone give me some basic pointers on doubles? What kind of things I should do or should avoid, what kind of builds and EV spreads work in doubles? Main differences from singles that I should learn and get used to? Other info?
---
Miranda 5300-9719-1376
#2CaptainsWaifuPosted 8/17/2014 7:28:35 PM
Intimidate spam, Protect spam, rock slide: The Meta
---
LORD ROOT IS THE BEST WOOOOO. FC: 0619-4878-4523
#3Dathedr-vodhrPosted 8/17/2014 7:29:51 PM
VGC

the end
---
The Proud Royal Head Chef and Acting Head of Her Most Benevolence, Valerie and her Valerian Guard
#4RaroiaPosted 8/17/2014 7:30:46 PM
Protect is practically mandatory on every pokemon.
---
Official Waluigi of Smash 4 Wii U Boards
#5pokemonfreak97Posted 8/18/2014 12:25:37 PM
Protect is really good, priority (especially Fake Out) is really good, Quick Guard and Wide Guard are viable, Follow Me is a big thing (as you probably know from Pachirisu), spread moves (Rock Slide etc. that don't hit your team are nice), et cetera.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.