This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would this board specifically consider a "good" pokemon anime?

#21iKhanicPosted 8/17/2014 10:14:36 PM
Add mature themes like life and death. Add humor that's funny to people older than 10
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#22rojsePosted 8/17/2014 10:14:59 PM
ReaccuringExtra posted...
A tool for what? .... .... .... A handkerchief? A... Screwdriver?

hmmmm...

If I used the word simpleton in place of tool, would that make more sense?
---
MissJocelyn goes on adventure, stuff happens: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more? Send me a PM.
#23HabefietPosted 8/17/2014 10:33:24 PM
Don't try to compare films to TV. The formats are sufficiently different that no meaningful comparison can be drawn. Watch a running series on Disney today rather than a movie--it's probably not something you'll enjoy. I'm not really sure if it'd be possible to create a product that consistently appealed to all ages and also contained character progression and genuine meaning / life lessons / etc. in a running 30-minute episodic format that also has the goal of continuing until the exact moment that it stops making money and keeping that moment from coming for as long as possible.
#24ReaccuringExtra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:37:28 PM
Yeah I guess. But it wouldn't really be something to worry about unless you spent hours on that only to get a "yer a f*****! he her!!1!1" back...

Also, my sarcasm detector is at the work shop. Were you..?
---
RIP in this sig: Origins reference, SPM reference, Jim Sterling quote, and other random stuff.
Join the Pantheons RP on Emerald social!
#25rojsePosted 8/17/2014 10:43:51 PM
Habefiet posted...
Watch a running series on Disney today rather than a movie--it's probably not something you'll enjoy

Counter argument - Gravity Falls.
---
MissJocelyn goes on adventure, stuff happens: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
#26ReaccuringExtra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:45:44 PM
Okay let me watch an episode of "Gravity Falls" and another disney show. Since, as Lexifox knows, opinions are facts, I'll be the ultimate judge of judge-ness.
---
RIP in this sig: Origins reference, SPM reference, Jim Sterling quote, and other random stuff.
#27ReaccuringExtra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:50:10 PM
I'm going to do it tommorow tho since I'm tired as hell

Keep this topic alive
---
#28Pkmn1234Posted 8/17/2014 10:53:59 PM(edited)
rojse posted...
Habefiet posted...
Watch a running series on Disney today rather than a movie--it's probably not something you'll enjoy

Counter argument - Gravity Falls.

Gravity falls is decent,not great
But I liked how season 2 started,with Grunkle Stan weird portal thing and the Agents who where into the paranormal,and the kids Summoning the dead,after that uncovering the secret to the book using a blacklight
---
livedehtsinogoms
loocsinoingiddurd
#29rojsePosted 8/17/2014 10:52:30 PM
ReaccuringExtra posted...
I'm going to do it tommorow tho since I'm tired as hell

Keep this topic alive

1) It won't die in a day
2) If we want to talk about good kids shows that adults enjoy, let's mention Doctor Who. It's lasted for many years, pushes plenty of merch that children buy, but has a sizeable audience for adults as well.
---
#30ReaccuringExtra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:54:06 PM
Wait, Doctor Who is primarly for children?

My childhood adulthood is a lie...
---