This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop Serial Codes

#11LexifoxPosted 8/18/2014 8:39:00 AM
rojse posted...
Bkurisenshi posted...
But I am a guy who gives Gamestop as little as I have to due to their terrible customer service and business practices

Running a free optional event for their customers is terrible business practice, I agree.

Running a business promotional TOTALLY absolves them of their other issues!
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#12BkurisenshiPosted 8/18/2014 8:41:36 AM
rojse posted...
Bkurisenshi posted...
But I am a guy who gives Gamestop as little as I have to due to their terrible customer service and business practices

Running a free optional event for their customers is terrible business practice, I agree.

It's free advertising for them. They do these to pull in customers and try to sell them things. Yes, this is true of any free event hosted anywhere, but Gamestop piles extra unethical crud on top of all that. Like what Serebii mentioned, LYING and trying to force pre-orders. Again, generally speaking, as obviously not every GS employee is a jerk. But around my busy city, which has no shortage of Gamestops, it's far too common that I've run into the unethical, and very rare that I have a pleasant experience.
---
Pokemon Y - 3DS FC: 1161-0504-7763 FS: Electric: Emolga, Stunfisk, Luxio
IGN: BuraddoRun
#13CaptainZangoosePosted 8/18/2014 8:43:45 AM
rojse posted...
What's in it for Gamestop to host an event if you're not even bothered to go there because walking is too much of an issue?

Matey, how the f*** am I supposed to walk all the way to the USA from the UK? That be' quite the walk fer what this is.
#14Pictocheat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 10:31:14 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Serial codes are all unique and one-time use.

Flyers will have just one code as far as I am aware.

Also, don't let them try pulling the bull that you have to pre-order ORAS to get it. Already had a report of that.

Thanks for answering, and for the warning. I'll stop at Gamestop on my way home from work, then. I was asking just in case I could save myself some trouble, but it's not that big of a deal.
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#15hodelinoPosted 8/18/2014 10:32:03 AM
F*** those codes
---
Pokemon X! FC: 4081-6243-4839
The F*** King
#16ej17Posted 8/18/2014 12:01:44 PM(edited)
Serebii from SPP posted...
Serial codes are all unique and one-time use.

Flyers will have just one code as far as I am aware.

Also, don't let them try pulling the bull that you have to pre-order ORAS to get it. Already had a report of that.

Lol I just had that pulled on me but I told him I already pre ordered at another store. I also asked for the code and he had no idea what I was talking about and said they didn't have any. (maybe it wasn't a "particapating" gamestop Idk)
---
FC: 4871-5560-0279. IGN: Ej
Fighting Safari: Pancham, Mienfoo, ???
#17ThegreekweezelPosted 8/18/2014 12:06:16 PM
im on the phone with a gamestop employee he has no clue about these codes wtf
---
Personally, I prefer the air.
1349-5479-5747 3DS FC
#18Alice_13Posted 8/18/2014 12:08:38 PM
Does gamefreak not know how far I am from the nearest Gamestop? *sigh*
---
Just Maybe If I Pray Enough, hmm..
http://i.imgur.com/iHUYYTph.jpg
#19ThegreekweezelPosted 8/18/2014 12:14:33 PM
I called them they said they didn't get it in yet wtf
---
Personally, I prefer the air.
1349-5479-5747 3DS FC
#20Skull_proPosted 8/18/2014 12:20:28 PM
Thegreekweezel posted...
im on the phone with a gamestop employee he has no clue about these codes wtf

And yet, I went to a EB games in Nova Scotia (Atlantic Canadian province) that only an old lady work at at the moment (this morning) and knew about the codes: Canada don't have the codes YET, but there are no confirmation that we will get them either.
---
Everyone should beleive in something. I beleive I'll have another beer.
3DS:4339 2730 2396: Steel Friend Safari