This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ability ideas

#1skittywinsalotPosted 8/18/2014 10:07:34 AM
After you give me yours

Ultra smoke: basicly is white smoke but also prevents self drops

King of status: cant get status conditions

Highly explosive: at 15% or less (even when geting knocked out) it uses explosion (it doesnt even need to have it in its moveset)

Fists of fury: all fists moves are 100% accurate and have +1 priority

Anti priority: all priority attacks used on this pokemon lose there priority

Spring bounce: after a contact move it bounces off the opponent and the opponent takes 1/16th of there hp

Life gain: leftovers the ability

Fruit grow: grows a random berry for you to hold, also grows a random berry for all your team members who arent holding an item

Electric arena: Traps all pokemon that arent ground type

Please rate my abilitys and tell me what you want (i want origionality for your abilitys)
---
All i need now is mega typhlosion, plus the one after the national dex could be holding a stone so theres a chance
#2skittywinsalot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 10:47:50 AM
Why is no1 messaging
---
All i need now is mega typhlosion, plus the one after the national dex could be holding a stone so theres a chance
#3Shafayat1234Posted 8/18/2014 10:50:17 AM
Highly exposive and life gain is OP
---
0147-0485-6376.Dewgong,Delibird,Sneasel.IGN Shafaty.I do sprite recolors! Can be found here http://shafayat1234.deviantart.com/gallery/
#4skittywinsalot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 11:13:41 AM
Shafayat1234 posted...
Highly exposive and life gain is OP

Highly explosive would be one of the best abilitys in the game, and life gain would be great. But ultra smoke on mega torkal would be ubers with 0 drop shell smash and overheat
---
#5Alpha218Posted 8/18/2014 11:26:32 AM
no
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#6skittywinsalot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 11:34:50 AM
Alpha218 posted...
no

To what?
---
#7shadowreaper7Posted 8/18/2014 11:54:24 AM
skittywinsalot posted...
After you give me yours

Ultra smoke: basicly is white smoke but also prevents self drops

King of status: cant get status conditions - Rather overpowered. Can switch into any status move. Wow, Twave, Toxic, Sleep powder/spore with compete impunity. It also means its attack and speed cannot be lowered through those ailments. It'd depend on the pokemon as to how great this ability could be.

Highly explosive: at 15% or less (even when geting knocked out) it uses explosion (it doesnt even need to have it in its moveset) - It sort of already exists. Its called "Aftermath" iirc (except without contact needed).

Fists of fury: all fists moves are 100% accurate and have +1 priority
Machamp or any user of Dynamic punch will have fun. Drain punch is also boosted greatly being able to heal before an opponent strikes.

Anti priority: all priority attacks used on this pokemon lose there priority. - personally i'd much rather that all priority is reversed. However this causes issues with protect/detect/wide guard etc etc. And sort of screws the system quite badly. Though (as you'll come to understand later) trick room benefits quite substantially.

Spring bounce: after a contact move it bounces off the opponent and the opponent takes 1/16th of there hp - Is that really new? Isn't that basically Iron barbs variant?

Life gain: leftovers the ability - Life gain becomes really annoying when given it can use substitute and have a held item while restoring its own health each turn.

Fruit grow: grows a random berry for you to hold, also grows a random berry for all your team members who arent holding an item - I like this. Like pickup but different.

Electric arena: Traps all pokemon that arent ground type - This seems... eh... Considering we have Arena Trap and Shadow Tag based on speed. (All on pokemon with high speed). Might as well give an electric type Arena Trap if i'm honest.

Please rate my abilitys and tell me what you want (i want origionality for your abilitys)

Time Warp - Pokemon activates Trick room upon entry to battle. Lasting for 5 turns.
Stabilise - Pokemon removes all weather and status rooms and auras (wonder, trick, magic). (I'd probably alter Cloud nine, Aura break and Airlock to have the same effect as it doesn't greatly buff that ability by much, but allows some form of counter to having auto-trick room).

I may be un-original with those but i can't think of many abilities that haven't already been done but perhaps slightly differently.

Death Pact - If the pokemon is killed in one hit. It takes its attacker down with it.

Shield Breaker - All of this pokemons moves strike through Protect/Detect/Wide guard/Quick guard thus lifting them. (To not break this the pokemon couldn't be fast and can't have access to much priority. Alternatively, if its very fast, it can't be very strong. Another fix could be to make it so this pokemon cannot be affected by the above.

Duplicator - This pokemon automatically copies all status effects the opposing pokemon has and uses on itself. If the opponent is paralysed. This pokemon becomes paralysed. Opponent has uses swords dance to get to +2 attack. This one gains +2 attack. (Probably give this to some machine based steel types. Or the likes of Porygon line for example. Once again this ability is rather similar to Synchronise but with the addition of acting like the move psych up)
If contrary is the opponents ability. This pokemon gets the negative boost while the opponent still recieves the +
---
3DS FC: 2578 - 3653 - 3599
Don't fear the Reaper!
#8Purple_TaterPosted 8/18/2014 12:10:40 PM
Slow & Steady - All moves are 100% accurate but the user will always go last (essentially all moves have -6 priority on this Pokemon).

Pokemon with this ability: Onix, Steelix, Gigalith

-----------------------

Vengeful Spirit - When the Pokemon with this ability faints, the opposing Pokemon is afflicted with a status condition.

(Burned if KO'd by a physical move, Poisoned if KO'd by a special move, and Confused if KO'd by a status condition or hazards)

Pokemon with this ability: Misdreavus, Mismagius, Shuppet, Banette

---------------------

High Stakes - Moves used by this Pokemon have a higher critical hit chance and have its secondary effect chance doubled, but all moves have 50% accuracy and deal 1/16 health damage to itself if the move misses.

Pokemon with this ability - Voltorb, Electrode, Sharpedo (and its pre-evo), Accelgor
---
Xbox Live GT- PurpleTater
#9skittywinsalot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 12:13:14 PM
Heres some more

Heal reverse: if you use a healing move it hurts you, if you use a recoil move it heals you, life orb heal and leftovers damages, it would be a little overpowered but still

Dragon trapping: traps anything but fairy types

Ultra judgement: this would be on primal or mega arceus, it turns judgement into a 150 power normal attack with a 10% chance to increase all your stats

Normal change: changes a normal move to the type that would be the most super effective. If you are normal u get stab
---
#10skittywinsalot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 6:17:10 PM
Heres some more

Perfect armour: every time your hit by a SE hit your defence and sp def increase

Swiftness: doubles speed

Priority master: all you attacks gain +1 priority

Technology master: increases the power of sp attacks by 1/4th

Screw over abilitys now

Sleepy: for the first 2 turns of battle your asleep

Never priority: priority moves lose there prioritiy

Reverse moody: raises a stat by 1 and lowers a stat by 2 (even though i think it would suck smogon would be drooling over this)
---