This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

battle maison is HAX

#11MrPototoPosted 8/18/2014 1:01:10 PM
It's not unknown for 100% accuracy moves to miss in the presence of absolutely no modifiers. I think that the 1/256 constant miss chance from Gen 1 is present in the Maison.

Swings and roundabouts, though. We've all seen some disgustingly OP anti-Maison hax that have gotten us through some otherwise unlikely battles.
---
"Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather."
3DS FC: 4184-2151-1414. Jari Maenpaa. Revive Puzzle Pirates!
#12theownifierPosted 8/18/2014 1:05:22 PM
MrPototo posted...
It's not unknown for 100% accuracy moves to miss in the presence of absolutely no modifiers. I think that the 1/256 constant miss chance from Gen 1 is present in the Maison.

It's common for pokemon in the Battle Maison to carry brightpowder or Lax Incense, both of which give the holder boosted evasion, thus making it possible for 100% accuracy moves to miss.
---
My username is precisely what not to do.
#13megasean3000Posted 8/18/2014 1:07:04 PM
I had a team of Mega Gengar, Talonflame and Aegislash...I've never seen so many trainers use so much Krookodiles before ;_;
---
3DS FC: 3797 - 7060 - 2020 (FS: Doduo, Woobat & Hawlucha)
#14MrPototoPosted 8/18/2014 1:08:03 PM
theownifier posted...
MrPototo posted...

It's common for pokemon in the Battle Maison to carry brightpowder or Lax Incense, both of which give the holder boosted evasion, thus making it possible for 100% accuracy moves to miss.

I know, and that's fine. But when you know for damn sure there's no Brightpowder or Lax Incense active and moves start missing, questions arise. I have a video saved where it happened to me.
---
#15ffdghPosted 8/18/2014 1:18:46 PM
The maison has taught me to almost never go below 100% accuracy....aside from my tripples blissey with serene grace rockslide with a choice scarf to flinch hax the hackers :D
---
Soon we will see we're living the dreams of our generation.
3DS:4768-8177-0708| X Ign: Zay
#16MrFingers07Posted 8/18/2014 1:25:47 PM
MrPototo posted...
theownifier posted...
MrPototo posted...

I know, and that's fine. But when you know for damn sure there's no Brightpowder or Lax Incense active and moves start missing, questions arise. I have a video saved where it happened to me.

Post the video. :o
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#17KitschgardenerPosted 8/18/2014 1:26:06 PM
MrPototo posted...
I have a video saved where it happened to me.

Link plz.
---
XY Maison dialogue: http://tiny.cc/i0ibbx
lol: "Pokemon is inherently about the adventure. The adventures are fundamentally different." - zinformant
#18iamBGSPosted 8/18/2014 1:26:08 PM
MrPototo posted...
theownifier posted...
MrPototo posted...

OK, upload the video and post the code...so far every time someone's even managed to have a video to back up their claim, there has been some detail they missed.
---
0688 5336 2575 Pidgey, Swanna, Rufflet, IGN and Mii are both BGS
PM me if you have a breeding project request or if you add my code
#19iamBGSPosted 8/18/2014 1:30:24 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
The game has an advantage.

And no--I'm not saying the Maison is cheating. I'm saying that they only need one win, while you need 50.

But if all that separates a win from a loss past, say, battle 30 is a 95% move missing once, and you're using one twice a battle from 31-50, you WILL lose by 50 87.1% of the time--FAR more often than you win all 50. And that's ignoring crits. So the fact is that all luck can do for you is win you one battle, whereas for the AI, it can end the streak.

Ding ding ding! The game isn't cheating in the sense of tweaking the RNG, but there's nothing at stake for an AI loss, A player loss resets your progress, so the player can't really afford to rely on 30% OHKO odds or even higher but imperfect accuracy moves. The streak based scoring to get a couple of junk berries is the actual worst.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68103256
---
0688 5336 2575 Pidgey, Swanna, Rufflet, IGN and Mii are both BGS
PM me if you have a breeding project request or if you add my code
#20MrPototoPosted 8/18/2014 1:33:53 PM(edited)
Alright, looking for it now. Where can I find the code again? It's not on the VS Recorder screen.

EDIT: Wasn't connected to the internet, oops. Hold on.
---