This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I go into GameStop today, will I be able to download the code for the item?

#11BlissedIgnorancPosted 8/19/2014 5:40:33 PM
You're actually not REQUIRED for a pre-order. Those that are saying so are either misinformed themselves or are LYING to you.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#12Shafayat1234Posted 8/22/2014 9:09:56 AM
BlissedIgnoranc posted...
You're actually not REQUIRED for a pre-order. Those that are saying so are either misinformed themselves or are LYING to you.

So true, so true.I went to the closest gaemSTOP but they said you have to preorder ORAS to get it.No use fighting, cuz it didnt work
I hope we wont have any more gaemSTOP events EVER.
Anyways, does nintendo know about this?
---
0147-0485-6376.I do sprite recolors!http://shafayat1234.deviantart.com/gallery/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHbUCr9gk9o25XWRtVKFXEQ
#13StarWarsfan1984Posted 8/25/2014 9:06:45 AM
I was also told I had to pre-order ORAS to get the code. How long does the Gamestop event last? I am asking so I can go to the other Gamestop where I live and get the code there.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-5500-6430 Name: JMN Pokemon X Friend Safari info: Dragon type: Gible, Shelgon, Druddigon
#14MegaRyanPosted 8/25/2014 9:51:20 AM
It's easy enough to find those stones on trade boards anyway.. And breed those mons from safaris or trade boards as well. An event is an event so it's better than nothing I guess but it sure was a stupid one.. They could've at least been HA mons with exclusive moves to make them special.. Like icicle spear heracross and brave bird pinsir lol imagine
---
You wasted your time reading this.
#15Gilgamesh2010Posted 8/25/2014 10:33:49 AM(edited)
The ORAS posters they have state that if you preorder the game you receive the two bug mega stones. So, yes, you do have to preorder to get them. Anyone telling you otherwise is misinformed.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.17
#16SopherooPosted 8/25/2014 10:57:57 AM(edited)
Gilgamesh2010 posted...
The ORAS posters they have state that if you preorder the game you receive the two bug mega stones. So, yes, you do have to preorder to get them. Anyone telling you otherwise is misinformed.

Why is Canada not getting them by preorder, them?

Answer : Gamestop lies to get preorders. It's not the first time they do so.
#17ShippFFXIPosted 8/25/2014 11:20:49 AM
Gilgamesh2010 posted...

No, you don't have to pre order. The poster is the bonus item, the stones are free giveaways to get people interested in preordering ORAS. Preordering is not required, though.

You are the misinformed one here.
---
Pokemon Y safari: Beartic, Snorunt, Dewgong
2638-1644-9380
#18LateralusgtPosted 8/25/2014 12:00:01 PM
YOU DONT HAVE TO PREORDER, get your s*** straight Gilgamesh2010. I went to gamestop on saturday, told the guy i wanted a serial code for the mega stones. He said, sure, and he handed me a card that had a scratch off code. This is straight from the pokemong global link website.

"Heracross and Pinsir don't come with any held items. But starting August 18 and while supplies last, you can head to participating GameStop stores to get Mega Stones for the Pokémon to hold! When these Pokémon are holding the right Mega Stone, they will be able to Mega Evolve during battle, making them more powerful than ever before. Look for a flyer at GameStop that contains a serial code. When you enter the code into your game, you'll receive the matching Mega Stone: Heracronite in Pokémon X or Pinsirite in Pokémon Y.

While at GameStop, you'll be able to preorder your copy of Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and receive a special preorder bonus poster (while supplies last)!"

Notice theres no mention of you have to preorder to get the stones, all it says is you be able to, not have to or must. Gamestop employees just want to sell you crap, just tell them about what the official website says. I had my smartphone ready with the website in case they gave me crap but the guy was nice and quick about it.
---
ORALE HOLMES!!!!!! \m/ >.< \m/
FC-3668-8553-8257
#19StarWarsfan1984Posted 8/25/2014 12:08:27 PM
I told the employee at the other Gamestop I went to what the Pokemon website said Lateralusgt and the employee told me "we can't just give them away."
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-5500-6430 Name: JMN Pokemon X Friend Safari info: Dragon type: Gible, Shelgon, Druddigon
#20ShippFFXIPosted 8/25/2014 12:10:52 PM
StarWarsfan1984 posted...
I told the employee at the other Gamestop I went to what the Pokemon website said Lateralusgt and the employee told me "we can't just give them away."

He is lying.
---
Pokemon Y safari: Beartic, Snorunt, Dewgong
2638-1644-9380