This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you think GameStop will STOP asking for Pokemon exclusivity?

#1DigiWillpowerPosted 8/19/2014 1:14:24 PM
Well? - Results (37 votes)
Hopefully sometime soon
24.32% (9 votes)
Most likely never, they don't even care that most of their employees bash people for liking it, money money money.
75.68% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Seriously, I am so sick and tired of GameStop doing this and doing such a bad job as soon as they get it.

First, it's Pokemon Rumble U. Anybody remember those figures? Yeah, they were great, right? So I go in about two days after the game comes out and buy like 6 figures, and you know what? Two of them are completely banged up! I got a Celebi that looks like it's been through the apocalypse with paint scratches and tilted support, but that's not even the worst part, the Zoroark was just completely off the stand! Like seriously, wtf.

But wait... it gets worse, I come in two months later around December and find that they're already not selling them anymore! What kind of business asks to have complete exclusivity in not just one, but THREE countries and just gives up selling them after two months? I was ENRAGED, and I still am! Because now i'm going to have to pay $50 on Amazon just to get a replacement Zoroark, let alone the figures i'm missing.

Fast forward to present day, they're going at it again... GameStop is taking the opportunity to grub some people out of their money with the Heracronite and Pinsirnite promotion by telling people you need to pre-order OR/AS to get them, or at least some other crap like that.

Ugh, I can't believe them, and yet I still have to go there if I want to go to a midnight release for the games. Post your GameStop rage stories below.
---
I was once moderated for Off-Topic posting after making a thread discussing VGC14 on the Pokemon X board...
#2DigiWillpower(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 1:16:18 PM
inb4 tl;dr
---
I was once moderated for Off-Topic posting after making a thread discussing VGC14 on the Pokemon X board...
#3Alpha218Posted 8/19/2014 1:24:19 PM
Why even include a poll if both options are biased
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#4FuneralCakePosted 8/19/2014 1:31:32 PM
Your Zoroark and Celebi figures being damaged was not GameStop's fault. That's a manufacturing problem.

GameStop is also a business. They don't sell things that don't make them money, which is probably what happened to the figurines. It's also why they tell you that you need to pre-order to get the Mega Stones.

If you're an informed customer, you'd know that they'd be wrong about pre-orders being necessary, and you should tell them as such. Then go find a better GameStop.

I honestly find it very surprising that so many people have issues with GameStops. Of the probably 10+ individual stores I've been to over the years, I've never once had a problem.
---
UNlCORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD
#5AlvaquerquePosted 8/19/2014 10:21:21 PM
The one where I live is making you pre-order to get the code. I called the two stores within 45 miles from where I live, and they are making you pre-order, too. None of the stores listen when you tell them that the pre-order isn't a part of the give away. I finally drove for over an hour to get to a store that was giving out the codes without the pre-order.
---
FC: 2680-9871-5408 IGN: Alva
Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk