This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In-Game Catcher Pokemon?

#1SageMaduinPosted 8/20/2014 5:33:42 PM
This may be a common question - I couldn't figure out what search terms to use to get results.

Any suggestions for a fairly early-to-get in the main story pokemon that's good to use for catching? For now I'm using Butterfree mainly because of Sleep Powder, but I'd love to get something that can use False Swipe and either a paralysis or sleep move. Any thoughts on a convenient one?
#2NuzlinkPosted 8/20/2014 5:38:42 PM
Believe me, you can catch Xerneas/Yveltal in a Primier Ball at full health after around 5 turns. A catcher mon isn't necessary in this game.
---
JUST YOUR TYPICAL MILLIONAIRE HIPSTER, NUZLINK CHALLENGER.
#3MetleonPosted 8/20/2014 6:09:23 PM(edited)
Nuzlink posted...
Believe me, you can catch Xerneas/Yveltal in a Primier Ball at full health after around 5 turns. A catcher mon isn't necessary in this game.

The birds and Mewtwo still have a catch rate of 3. And it's nice to be able to catch a bunch of Ditto quickly.

I find Mega Pinsir to be the best catcher. It can't use any status to help with the catching, but it does have a Flying-type False Swipe that can bring any Pokemon down to 1 HP.

Edit: Smeargle's the only thing that gets Spore and False Swipe together pre E4, but having it Sketch those moves and then leveling it up would be a huge pain. You're honestly just better off chucking balls at a full health Xerneas/Yveltal.
---
3DS FC: 5257 - 9998 - 2632
Pokemon Y Name: Benjamin