This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isn't your boost in speed considered on the turn of Mega evolving?

#1supremeblasterPosted 8/21/2014 6:48:58 AM
Is there some actual identifiable reasoning for this, or is it a bug thing that'll be fixed next game?
---
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
#2rojsePosted 8/21/2014 6:49:27 AM
It's a feature, not a bug.
---
MissJocelyn goes on adventure, stuff happens: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
Want avatars, visible pictures and more? Send me a PM.
#3Sparks97Posted 8/21/2014 6:50:40 AM
Because the order in which the Pokemon will move is determined before Mega evolution.
---
Official Sparks97 of every board
3DS FC: 2664-2837-8526 IGN: Brandon
#4RAcastBlasterPosted 8/21/2014 6:56:25 AM(edited)
Sparks97 posted...
Because the order in which the Pokemon will move is determined before Mega evolution.

Expanding on this, turn order is chosen before ANY actions are taken. There are moves that can alter turn order (Quash), but no amount of speed altering (due to Mega Evolving, Paralysis, etc.) will change the turn order mid-turn.

Mega Evolving can be seen as an action with a very high priority that does not take up your turn's attack, if thinking about it that way makes more sense to you, TC.

Edit: It should also be noted that, at this time, altering your ability mid-turn will not change priority either.

Example: Sableye has Prankster, and it Mega Evolves. On the turn it Mega Evolves, if it uses a Status move, it will retain priority for that turn, because turn order is decided before Mega Evolving.

Similarly, if Banette uses a Status move on the turn it Mega Evolves, it will NOT have priority, because it didn't have Prankster at the time the turn order was decided.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel types! MegaGross!
#5supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 6:55:04 AM
Sparks97 posted...

Ooooh. That was pretty simple. Time to close topic.
---
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero