This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys still consider pokemon crystal crystal the best pokemon game?

#111PrincessTsukiPosted 8/22/2014 12:22:29 PM
cloudscream posted...
Gen 2 is the last gen where the Pokemon designs didn't look like Digimon.

Then at Gen 4, they started looking like Neopets.
#112zelionxPosted 8/22/2014 12:22:39 PM
iKhanic posted...
zelionx posted...
iKhanic posted...
Alpha218 posted...
iKhanic posted...

That's like saying Four Swords Adventures is the best Zelda.

what does that even mean

and I thoroughly enjoyed Four Swords Adventures anyways, it was a blast playing with my bros back in the day

It betrays a lot of qualities that make the series what it is.

So did ocarina of time

How did that turn out

Not really, there is still a heavy focus on adventure and atmosphere.

B/W drop everything and decide that story is suddenly a critical aspect of Pokemon, around which the entire game must be built.

B/W and GSC are in the same boat

They're not really Pokemon games
---
http://i.imgur.com/oGQsK2D.png
#113Tytanium18Posted 8/22/2014 1:09:04 PM
ChapFromKrugis posted...
bw2 is far and away the best but gen 2 is still unmatched in the music department

I still remember the moment when the special "wild encounter starting" music played for the first time in Crystal version and I was like "Holy crap, what's happening!?", then the legendary beast theme started to play as Raikou emerged from the grass, and my jaw dropped, because it was the most epic music I had heard in a Pokemon game up to that point. Had a staring contest with Raikou for like 5 minutes while listening to that song.
#114mjc0961Posted 8/23/2014 7:08:04 PM
Lexifox posted...
Gen 2 was the worst gen.

---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#115injuredpelicanPosted 8/23/2014 8:54:54 PM
Silver/Crystal was a lot of fun, but its remake was a lot better. I do appreciate its scope and day/night system a lot though. I still have the most nostalgia for Pokemon Sappire/Emerald though, so I am looking forward to their almost certainly improved remakes.
---
Captain Quattro, he is a Char.
FC: 4513 1348 7133
#116dwdwdw6Posted 8/24/2014 11:17:08 AM
Gen 2 is the 5th best gen, with Gen 1 right after.

And TC, your bait attracted iKhanic and made him post. Why would you make us go through that TC.....what's wrong with you?
#117Nend0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 9:09:55 PM
dwdwdw6 posted...
Gen 2 is the 5th best gen, with Gen 1 right after.

And TC, your bait attracted iKhanic and made him post. Why would you make us go through that TC.....what's wrong with you?

who is ikhanic? lol
---
You spoony bard!
#118Phantom Renegade 6X6Posted 8/25/2014 9:26:51 PM
JARman712 posted...
Gen 5 has best characters, and best story

Hell no.
What was so important that the game needed a second Professor Juniper who appears right outside a cave where you just finished talking to the first one?
What was good character design about a Shadow Triad that only appears when they need to "take you to Lord N" who is 6-7 steps away and would be completely unavoidable regardless?
What part of Cheren having a sook in the Cold Storage compelled you to continue the story?

I didn't mind the Gen5 Pokemon like the majority of other people did, but god damn did the story and characters make it the one of the worst videogames I have ever played through.
---
3DS FC: 5284-1567-9656 IGN: Adam
I like when he's all YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER, then Obi Wan saws his legs off for kicks and he melts - NotSnowske
#119GiratinalgaPosted 8/25/2014 9:45:15 PM
I thought the best game from the main series was Platinum. Great story, great and scary legendaries with a bunch of mythology, metric ****ton of stuff to do, and the Sinnoh region in general was imo a much more gratifying trek than almost any other region. Couple that with some performance boosts and it was a fantastic game.
---
PSN: julito427
3DS FC: 5300-9429-4816
#120Phantom Renegade 6X6Posted 8/25/2014 9:48:34 PM
^ Worst part about it through was being on the Gen4 engine.
Battles were SOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW in Gen4.
---
3DS FC: 5284-1567-9656 IGN: Adam
I like when he's all YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER, then Obi Wan saws his legs off for kicks and he melts - NotSnowske