This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Masuda is worthless!! Shiny Story please

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Masuda is worthless!! Shiny Story please
10 months ago#1
I've hatched over 4,000 eggs using this method ( I have a social life as well somehow believe it or not) and not one shiny has hatched. How does this happen when some people get four or five shinys within 500 or less hatched!? How bad is my luck?! Anyone have any good shiny stories to share?
---
Question Everything!!
10 months ago#2
Shiny charm plays a role, I gotten two shinies from breeding randomly after getting the shiny charm, I think the shiny charm reduce the chance of getting a shiny down to 1/512 I believe (Correct me if Im wrong)
---
FC 2079 7193 4010 IGN Jay (X), Minato (Y) Time Zone: EST USA.
Shiny Lists http://tinyurl.com/Hayato213, TSV: 1855 (X) | 1375 (Y)
10 months ago#3
Well I don't do the Masuda Method, I usually breed for competitive use only, but I have managed to hatch several shines along that path(some were even the competitive one that I wanted)
I guess I could say I have the opposite luck that you do?
---
Official Psychic-Type Gym Leader of MGM GFAQS Pokeleague
You've been struck by a smooth criminal!!!-- FC: 5472-8055-2550-----IGN: Ash
10 months ago#4
Hayato213 posted...
Shiny charm plays a role, I gotten two shinies from breeding randomly after getting the shiny charm, I think the shiny charm reduce the chance of getting a shiny down to 1/512 I believe (Correct me if Im wrong)

I don't really know if it does anything.

I MMed a Torchic in 230 Eggs before getting it.

Since getting it:

A Beldum in 326, and a Honedge in 282.

Probability is a weird thing.
---
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of everywhere
10 months ago#5
Drop your social life and hatch more eggs. ;)
---
RNG stands for "Random Number Goddess".
Come visit me at http://ask-therng.tumblr.com/
10 months ago#6
I have both charms, completed dex and all (besides the other two legends not released). Still nothin'!! I destroyed this game but all my shinys are from other people or GShark cheesey hacked.
---
Question Everything!!
10 months ago#7
The_RNG posted...
Drop your social life and hatch more eggs. ;)

No can do, life won't allow it.
---
Question Everything!!
10 months ago#8
took me 19 eggs to get my first shiny froakie then it took me about another 1000 eggs for a shiny froakie for my friend
---
Official MegaInfernape of the Pokemon X/Y and ORAS Boards
(Been waiting since before X/Y) FC 1289 8213 9262 Safari-Psychic Duosion Wobuffet Munna
10 months ago#9
I know its just a game and shinys don't mean shhh when competing competitively but I still want to breed one from the Kalos region. Is that too much to ask? Trolls will say yes. What say the rest?
---
Question Everything!!
10 months ago#10
I tried for froakie first but no luck. Through trades I have 5 shiny Greninjas now. Then tried fenni. Now I have two shiny Delphs through trade. Then tried chesp. Now I have one naught thanks to trades. Got shiny Honedge through Global. There's more but I don't wanna bore the board to death.
---
Question Everything!!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Masuda is worthless!! Shiny Story please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived