This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Masuda is worthless!! Shiny Story please

#11BabyTiggglz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 10:18:09 AM
nunogomes21 posted...
Well I don't do the Masuda Method, I usually breed for competitive use only, but I have managed to hatch several shines along that path(some were even the competitive one that I wanted)
I guess I could say I have the opposite luck that you do?

The games almost a year old and I have hatched eggs every day since launch and my Y, which I've been complaining about, has not produced one shiny. Sounds frickin impossible. My X only got me a shiny horsea through breeding and havnt hatched nearly as many as in my Y. WHY!!!??? I hope your luck doesn't end up like mine.
---
Question Everything!!
#12CrowKingPosted 8/25/2014 10:21:36 AM
I have hatched only 1 egg ever that turned out to be shiny, in every gen so far that I could breed pokemon

meanwhile I masuda for a shiny eevee, it took about 500 eggs

I would say it worked quite well
---
Jack Thompson has the intelligence of inspector gadget and the track record of Dr. Claw.
PSN: RapidFire176
#13BabyTiggglz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 10:26:42 AM
CrowKing posted...
I have hatched only 1 egg ever that turned out to be shiny, in every gen so far that I could breed pokemon

meanwhile I masuda for a shiny eevee, it took about 500 eggs

I would say it worked quite well

Nice! So should I keep trying or F it and give up?
---
Question Everything!!
#14BabyTiggglz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 10:27:54 AM
Did u eevolve the eevee?
---
Question Everything!!
#15RavingSwoobatPosted 8/25/2014 10:28:52 AM
I've hatched many shinies thanks to the MM. However, 90% of them were not wanted or planned for. When I want to MM something specific (i.e a good mon with egg moves and not just to get good IVs for breeding), I almost never get it.

Keep complaining tho. The universe will hear your plea, and fullfil your wish. Almost all the topics I've seen about this, the TC has strangely hatched their shiny within a few days. It could be you, next TC!

I do wish you well in your endeavor.
---
Come follow me on my egglocke!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69876471
#16BabyTiggglz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 10:37:59 AM
Thank you.
---
Question Everything!!
#17BabyTiggglz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 10:41:06 AM
Would anyone else be upset or disappointed if this happened to you?
---
Question Everything!!
#18MidnightCrewPosted 8/25/2014 11:03:35 AM
Got my shiny Froakie after over 3000 eggs.
And while he only has 3 perfect IVs and I usually go for far better, as a lvl 100 shiny Protean Greninja he has more value to me than any other pokemon I own. c:

I used to hack and stuff for shinies and I have no problem with getting them through that method, but none of them mean as much to me as my imperfect lil baby Greninja. c:

I can't honestly tell you whether to continue or not. The next egg you take might be shiny, or you might not get it for ANOTHER 4000. If you feel it would pay off, then you should go for it.
---
Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.
#19Mecha_KrakenPosted 8/25/2014 1:17:07 PM
Why not try chaining pokemon instead with the poke radar? I understand that there are some pokemon you can't get as a shiny with it, but the amount that you can is still quite large.

Perhaps after getting a shiny that way, it will boost your morale enough to return to MM for a shiny that you can't get any other way.
---
cout << "Hello World! " << endl;
White FC - 2064 8802 3416
#20The_DragonwPosted 8/25/2014 1:29:06 PM
Mecha_Kraken posted...
Why not try chaining pokemon instead with the poke radar? I understand that there are some pokemon you can't get as a shiny with it, but the amount that you can is still quite large.

Perhaps after getting a shiny that way, it will boost your morale enough to return to MM for a shiny that you can't get any other way.

Poké Radar is a horrible thing.

D:
---
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of everywhere