This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top ten Pokemon in the game?

#11JarickoPosted 8/29/2014 7:38:29 PM
RPninesixfour posted...
correct

If Lugia wasn't Psychic / Flying It probably would be on my list. I like lugia but i hate its typing.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#12Cpt_Calamity(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 7:43:51 PM
Ignoring all the joke responses.

BandedAegislash posted...
No Aegislash?
That's it, I'm done with GameFAQs.

I've personally never used Aegislash in Ubers, but he does check a fair amount of the meta game. That's the problem though, he doesn't counter anything in Ubers except Xerneas and Lugia.

LilWayneUchiha posted...
Bad list where is Darkrai? Shaymin Sky For me?

Darkrai would be number 11 imo. Skymin would be like 20th, hard to judge that far down.MrFingers07 posted...

I know I'm going to get mass hate for this but Lugia shouldn't be anywhere near top 10.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 181-214 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 97-115 (23.3 - 27.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 99-117 (23.8 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 97-114 (23.3 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia in Sun: 122-144 (29.3 - 34.6%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lugia can Toxic/Paralysis stall 75% of Ubers.
---
Go back to your home on whore island.
#13spooky96Posted 8/29/2014 8:00:42 PM(edited)
Cpt_Calamity posted...
1) Arceus
2) Xerneas
3) Kyogre
4) Mewtwo
5) Ho-Oh
6) Mega Gengar
7) Lugia
8) Palkia
9) Groudon
10) Rayquaza

I had a difficult time ordering them after Ho-Oh. 6-9 were really hard to order, but I settled with Groudon being the worst of that group. Discuss and post which Pokemon you think are the best.

As a fairly experienced Ubers players, I'd say about half of your list is correct. Here's what my ranking would look like:

1. Arceus (E-Killer being the best followed by Fairy, then Ghost)
2. Kyorge
3. Xerneas
4. Mega Gengar
5. Ho-Oh
6. Mewtwo (Trust me, Mewtwo isn't that good)
7. Yveltel (Foul Play + Sucker Punch + Oblivion Wing makes this thing one of the best tanks in the game)
8. Groudon (That physical bulk plus its utility moves can make it annoying to check and counter)
9. Chansey (Yes, who said everything needs to have 600+ BST to be Ubers? Bypassing this thing can be a pain.
10. Dialga/Palkia/Blaziken

Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, Yveltel, Dialga, Palkia and Blaziken are kind of like...only good players can make excellent use of it. Or else they're just your average Ubers mons. It'll take some skill to make use of them effectively.

No Lugia, no Shaymin, no Deoxys, no Darkrai, no Giratina.
#14Cpt_Calamity(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 8:21:14 PM
I don't have much experience with Yveltal. And well Chansey is very good in Ubers, I wouldn't say it is one of the best Pokemon in the game. It isn't that hard to work around tbh, a lot of people are just stupid though and throw away physical attackers/Mewtwo/don't run Psyshock on Xerneas.

Also I put Mewtwo there on the principal that it has no counters.

I have always enjoyed Ubers and am pretty decent at it. Ho-Oh has always been the most successful Pokemon for me.
---
Go back to your home on whore island.
#15JarickoPosted 8/29/2014 8:25:21 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
I don't have much experience with Yveltal. And well Chansey is very good in Ubers, I wouldn't say it is one of the best Pokemon in the game. It isn't that hard to work around tbh, a lot of people are just stupid though and throw away physical attackers/Mewtwo/don't run Psyshock on Xerneas.

Also I put Mewtwo there on the principal that it has no counters.

I have always enjoyed Ubers and am pretty decent at it. Ho-Oh has always been the most successful Pokemon for me.

Gotta give Yveltal a try. I recommend a Max HP, Max Speed set, put the last 4 wherever you want em. Run Sucker and Foul Play. Sucker deals with mewtwo and mewtwo y, with the added bulk you can typically take a hit from mewtwo x and potentially take it down without too much of a hassle.

From there its preference what else you want. There is roost, some form of rock move, oblivion wing is on occasion alright, U-turn is cool, dragon coverage can have uses... up to you.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#16spooky96Posted 8/29/2014 8:26:30 PM
Any more ways you can post to justify Lugia? I don't see how it reached your top 10 (which I almost agree with except for that one entry, maybe Rayquaza as well)
#17spooky96Posted 8/29/2014 8:29:52 PM
And lol, I'm getting late for college, I'll go and check back again the evening.

Chansey, walls all special attacks except those who have Psystrike and Psyshock. So bascially Mewtwo and 1/2 Xerneas (i guess about half of them carry psyshock) are the only speciall attacks who can bypass chansey.

the next thing which comes is a specs rain kyogre full hp which does about 50% to chansey.
#18NuzlinkPosted 8/29/2014 8:34:07 PM(edited)
The great Lord Hedgehog-Reindeer is the most powerful mon! May all non-believers suffer Hax the rest of their miserable lives!
---
JUST YOUR TYPICAL MILLIONAIRE HIPSTER, NUZLINK CHALLENGER.
#19Nomorice4UPosted 8/29/2014 9:03:56 PM
spooky96 posted...
Any more ways you can post to justify Lugia? I don't see how it reached your top 10 (which I almost agree with except for that one entry, maybe Rayquaza as well)

No body toxic stalls better than lugia. Wish it was heavier though so it can use sky drop better. It be godlike if it got retyped to steel/flying.
---
FC: 3711-8087-2809
FS: Dragon - Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo